Teasel Bay

Posted
Rating:

Early construction of a simple 00 garage layout

Great work with the lights

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=540]gdaysydney[/user] wrote:
Great work with the lights
Thanks Dave, still in progress :cheers

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Some great work. I especially liked the platform.

Evan

Posted
Rating:
A little update after a month away consisting mainly of a Toddler refusing bedtime and the Wife wanting to decorate a room I finally have tome time in the evenings to get back in the garage! I have found in that month that by the time I get in there I no longer have any natural light left.. until next year!

I have finally got around to adding sculptamold on the hillside up to the station.

Closeup of the unlit signal box and the away signal in its temporary home.

And of the occupational bridge to allow the farmer access to his fields.

To finish King Richard II a non-stopping service through Teasel Bay this evening.

Last edit: by TeaselBay

Posted
Rating:
Not too much construction work has been happening at Teasel the past few weeks.  Started to finish off the first platform and plan work for the second. Also shows a sneak preview of the stations Christmas lights, I wired up a few days ago.

Class 101 meandering slowly through Teasel Bay heading back to Cambridge at Sunset.

And the same moment captured from up on the hillside.

As ever hope someone enjoys looking at these :)

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I do, Chris.   :thumbs   :cool:

Posted
Rating:
Me too Chris.  Good to see you having the time to run trains.  Look forward to updates.

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris.  Bravo! Very good indeed, keep them rolling on in the more the better. Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris,

Following with great interest.

Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Posted
Rating:
Tonight's project was to start the platform wall using Wills Kits dressed stone walling.

Painted the top grey and then washed over with white for a washed away look. The main brickwork got a light brown undercoat.

Then dry brushed a couple of different brown/grey's.

A close up of the wall temporary placed. In front is reclaimed platform edging which has been halved and painted white as the wall top.  This will edge the flowerbed.

Posted
Rating:
It's  all coming along nicely Chris.  I like to see the small steps, which often take a disproportionate amount of time.  It reassures me with my own slow pace!!

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Thanks. Faversham Creek looks amazing so I wouldn’t worry about the I pace. The fun is in the building anyway! 

I have no idea what I’m doing so I like to research on here and elsewhere and try and replicate them as best as I can! I’m attempting to replicate the rear of Settle station. 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris. That really looks like good modelling :mutley:mutley:mutley. Could be Settle Station itself? Of course DCC Concepts isn’t wasn’t around in your model era .  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
I am not looking to copy a single area/station Kevin.  I'm hoping Teasel Bay will have its own charm :)

I'm pretty happy with how that looks! I've even finally managed to swap the signal to be a home as well! The distance is in the process of being moved to the approach on the opposite line near the footbridge.

Posted
Rating:
Merry Christmas from Teasel Bay

WARNING: Contains flashing imagery.

[yt]PVmuw__nvXI[/yt]

A bit of fun with a program to analyse the audio spectrum, split out each channel and flash the station lights through an Arduino.

Last edit: by spurno

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris. Thank you. Very good work, do you have a disco as well ? Have you tried any other music with your lights?Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Kevin. It’s taken a few weeks, so during that time I’ve tested quite a bit of music! It will work with anything. Could do some requests in the future! Haha

It started as a project just to push what I could do with the lights and turned into a Christmas project!

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris. I have just been listening and watching an orchestra playing “ Coronation Scot “ . Apart from the copyright That would be a good tune.   Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Sounds like a good song to use Kevin, but as you said you get pulled up for copyright when you upload it!

Had it dancing to ’baby shark’ for my 3 year old! I feel this might be a drain on my construction side! Haha
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.