Teasel Bay

Posted
Rating:

Early construction of a simple 00 garage layout

Very neat planting… and I know how tricky that is!  Good job!!!

Michael
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Chris, I need you to come and plant my garden please !!!!

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
[user=606]Sol[/user] wrote:
Chris, I need you to come and plant my garden please !!!!
You mean Farmer Jack, not me!! Lol

Posted
Rating:
Evening service 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris .  Thank you. Nice photo, it almost looks like an Underground Train. Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
If any of you are bored here is a video of some live running this evening!

Link to evening running at Teasel Bay

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris. Very good, but, I think that Miss Marple has missed her train or is on the wrong platform. Now that I/ we have got trains running, I have a lot of Ballasting, embankments, ground cover and much more to do that will prevent boredom , and most if not all is new to me. Happy Easter. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
The grass is growing at Teasel Bay!

Been working on continuing the scenery behind the station with static grass and then I tried my hand at making some bushes using dried out fine twigged weeds I pulled out of the side of the path along the guided bus way in Cambridge on my lunch break walk! These were finely coated in PVA and then dipped into various Woodland scenic scatters.

Around the signal box I wanted a pretty unruly unloved bushes, which is why I started on these as if I didn't get a good glue coverage it didn't really matter.  I'm pretty happy with how these turned out. I have just received a package today of rubberised horse hair to make some smaller gorse/bramble type bushes to tidy up underneath the larger bushes.

Also added some light weathering and rusting to the signal and signal box so they didn't look so perfect!

And finally made some work to finish the barrowman crossing,  A little tidying up to do but nearly there!

Hope it is of interest to someone.

Chris

Posted
Rating:
Hi Chris.  Very good indeed, you won’t get any criticism from me, by the way have you got a “ route clearing gang “ at Teasel Bay ? I think that someone has rode away on the Signalman’s  bike. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Lovely scenery work Chris.
Coming on a treat.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Yes indeed, Chris, everything coming along very nicely.  The signal box with lighting looks a treat.

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Farmer Jack takes an evening stroll through his genetically modified Tulips (which have a remarkably long time flowering!) while a Adams Radial quietly passes by!

Last edit: by TeaselBay

Posted
Rating:
Very nice planting.  I blame global warming for the extra long flowering season.  Or Brexit….. I blame most things on the dreaded B word!

Michael

Posted
Rating:
[user=1512]Headmaster[/user] wrote:
Very nice planting.  I blame global warming for the extra long flowering season.  Or Brexit….. I blame most things on the dreaded B word!

Michael
Haha. Im not sure on Farmer Jack’s political status! Either way, it’s time to harvest the tulips and plant something new…

Posted
Rating:
Starting to build up the land behind the station and the road leading to the station car park which is called… well Station Road! Built how I've completed all the scenery, cut and shaped expanded polystyrene, but for the outcrops I went with some real stone!

Covered in Sculptamold which I personally think is the best product ever! Thew road is actually sanded polyfiller for a smoother surface. The car park is a bit of wall paper "tester roll" which has a textured surface with kinda resembles cobbles.

Seen here after being brushed over by watered down brown and grey paint. While the 15:10 service to Norwich waits to depart platform 1.

While the paint is drying I sprinkled over dried sifted dirt over the land and maybe quite surprisingly for the road dried sifted charcoal dust which saved from going in the bin last year after a BBQ. (If you check back other photos it is used along the hillside path as well). Then its on with the standard static grass, missing many shades and lengths depending on the relief of the land.

I left a few rocky outcrops behind the station car park. The big brown blob on the photo below is going to be the position for Teasel Bay's war memorial. The cobble stone car park needs some dry brushing but it is getting there :)

Does anyone read the blurb between the photos? 

Last edit: by TeaselBay

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
And it's all coming along beautifully…

Posted
Rating:
And so do I - plus, I agree with Michael - it's impressive.  :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I'm a recent discoverer of sculptamold, having been a frame and plaster bandage person before.  You are right, it is great!  The next big structural feature at Faversham will be a hillside incline and I will be going with this. I like the way you have used it with a combination of other techniques - I might have to borrow some!

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Always read the blurb Chris, it explains the pictures and never know what colour it will be next  :lol:

Ed

Last edit: by Ed

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.