Penhayle Bay

Posted
Rating:

A popular layout back on YMRC

Awwwww c'mon Marty.  You've seen sunshine in Cornwall with your own eyes!!! :cool::lol::tongue

Last edit: by Gwiwer

Rick
Layouts here and here
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
:roll::shock::) True…. we had fabulous weather that trip, even Wales only rained on us as we were leaving.

Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
A very fast response from Fox Transfers and the various mail authorities has meant the remaining etched nameplates for the Warship class fleet have arrived around two weeks before they were expected.

As I'm not required at the Palace of Attendance until Monday afternoon next week I now have plenty of time to get on with applying those plates, making good the weathering that job will disturb, and preparing the line-up for a Western Region diesel-hydraulic running day next month.

That will feature the grand total of 10 Warships (seven class 42, three class 43) with the derelict shell of an eleventh dumped out of use somewhere, 9 Westerns (five Dapol, four Heljan), five class 22s and three Hymeks (two Heljan and one Hornby).  Not all running at once of course but there will be double-heading to ensure as many as possible are in action for the most time.

Class 14 ("Teddy-bear") will be absent.  I don't own any.  They were not associated with Cornwall being largely South Wales-based.  Class 35 (Hymek) is also not often associated with Cornwall as their workings there were few and far between but they did cross the Tamar and also worked milk trains in other areas so that's likely to be one of their rostered turns.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
The annual clean-up and refresh is well under way.  The clay dries have been dusted off and the white clay residue re-applied.

This view is actually at night under lights though it might appear to be in broad daylight under the new roof.

Last edit: by Gwiwer

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Fantastic image Rick. First class.

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thank you kindly.

It's been a lovely warm sunny weekend here.  But we haven't been here!  We have been away with friends for most of it so precious little time to continue with hobby matters.

I did manage one half-decent shot late in the afternoon sun however although it shows that the nameplate isn't as straight as my ruler, square and eyesight suggest it is :oops:

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
The annual Spring clean and tidy is almost complete.  This year I'm discovering more work that needs doing thanks to the new roof and increased amount of daylight reaching the layout.

Steam doesn't often feature on the layout as the earliest date I can reasonably represent is around the very end of regular WR steam operation in Cornwall.  But the panniers sometimes come out to play and when the light is just right they provide quite a contrast with the "modern" diesels.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Having spent a few hours generally tidying up and refreshing the cliffs and moors around the top end of the layout I also decided a little more colour might be in order for this area.  It's often a bit dark down here as this is the area which sits beneath a large (real) tree.

There has been an outbreak of gorse.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Like it Rick, where did you get that footbridge in the 3rd photo please?

Cheers
Ron

Last edit: by g0ibi

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:
Thanks.

That footbridge is the standard Hornby R076 kit, ages old now but still a favourite, and painted black.  The far side is linked to the hillside and has a flight of steps going up the cliff face between the railings rather than down to the ground but that's the only change I've made to the kit.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Really like that last picture Rick, I can hear the surf on the beach :thumbs

Ed

Posted
Rating:
[user=1338]Ed[/user] wrote:
Really like that last picture Rick, I can hear the surf on the beach :thumbs

Ed

Anyone got a DCC sound chip for a seagull? :mutley

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Yes!!

A couple of my Howes locomotive sound projects have seagulls on a function key. Bryan of Howes put them on as a bit of a gimmick just for fun, on the class 24 and 37/0 (as well as putting different horn sounds on the 37 for me). EDIT: actually it was the 37/5 not the 37/0, but the principle is that the sounds can be put on anything, really.

Once you go DCC, I can bring them over, sit them in a siding somewhere and set the seagulls going.

:Happy :Happy :Happy

Last edit: by SRman

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
DCC????? :hmm

I haven't even gone Kadee yet :mutley

:pedal:cheers

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
http://www.youtube.com/v/q7gOPf4He9k?version=3

Bear in mind that the sound loops could be tidied up so there's no gap between the sounds. 

You'll have to hurry up with the Kadee and DCC conversions, Rick! ;-)

Last edit: by SRman

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
Herring gull calls.  

Nice.  The things you can do nowadays with little trains ;-)

Speaking of which I'm off to give the dramatis personae their annual bath (well they are British :roll: ), fiddle with electrickery and start to fine-tune the set-up ready for 1st November's running day.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
The yard / shed area has been dusted off and tidied up for another season.

Plenty in tonight!

But what's this shady deal going on at the old goods shed?

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
:hmm

Hope PC plod is not on his own. Reckon he'll maybe need some backup.

Nice Eire pictures. :thumbs

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Penhayle Bay will be running a Western Hydraulics timetable on Sunday 1st November from around 2.30 to 5pm for anyone wishing to drop in.

I'd appreciate a message beforehand f you do intend coming just so I know roughly how many to expect.

This will be the only open-house before Christmas though I hope to have another with no specific traction theme in the new year.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Hi Rick.  That is a jolly good idea? But that would take a whole lot of planning, seriously I would like to visit Oz, I dreamt of it for over forty long years. And never got around to it, not even for the Ghan,or even when I was collecting Vesta labels . The nearest to Australia that i have been is Vladivostok ( Same time zone at least),if I only thought of it at the time I could have booked a flight,but, that would also take planning. all the best Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.