00 gauge - Pen Y Bryn.

Posted
Rating:
Andy…..you've blown it all…… I confess :lol:

Robert, as far as i'm concerned i'm still fumbling about :roll: What i've learned has come by accident or by trial and error! It all started when I wanted to take pictures of my work with a 35mm real film, I would take the shots, have them developed and printed only to find that they were rubbish!, Today of course is a different matter as you can see what in your camera straight away, but I have found that no matter how good your camera is, the pictures still need editing, Photoshop is excellent for this. The trickery things are mainly to do with trains etc, it's good fun.

Phil

Phil
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=753]Phil.c[/user] wrote:
Just a bit of fun  :lol:

………………………………………………………..

And what fun !!!!

Stunning photo Phil - "shopped" or not !!!  :doublethumb:doublethumb

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Peter, I'm no expert but if forum members want to do something like this in PS  i'm quite willing to help out.

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
I'm sure a "Photoshop Tutorial" would be a most welcome addition to the club Phil. :cheers

Please will you start one in a new thread. :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Peter,

As there's a lot to a tutorial, first I would need to know what to base it on, for example, the picture of the 61xx or something else? and are there guys out there that would actually like one. :lol:

How many people have PS ?

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
As you've already done it Phil, the 61xx would seem like a good place to start.

I'm sure there are members other than myself who would be interested in seeing how it's done.  I had a stint as an advertising photographer in the old days of clockwork so I'm interested in any kind of photography.  My post shutter manipulation was all darkroom based but I often wish I'd had PS back then ……

As far as how many people have PS, I doubt there are many - it's not a cheap gadget so, unless you're "into" photography, you're not likely to buy it.  Nevertheless, it's an interesting subject anyway and who knows, a "tutorial" of sorts showing what it can do and how, might swing some waverers into opening their wallets or even prompt those who know nothing of it to have a closer look. :roll::roll:

If you do decide to go ahead, just look at it from a total beginners point of view assuming we are all called "Miguel" and "know nothing" ………..:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
If you do decide to go ahead, just look at it from a total beginners point of view assuming we are all called "Miguel" and "know nothing" ………..:cheers

I thought he was called " Manuel"  or "Sgt Schultz:" - depending on which TV show one saw.? :roll:

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hogan's heroes,what a show.

More to the point,i don't have PS but Gimp is a free program,would members be able to follow with that?.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Alan, i've looked at Gimp on youtube and it looks like it's based on PS with layers etc. To do a tutial as Peter suggested, for beginners or Manuel would need step by step explanations with screenshots, most of the moves would be similar in Gimp but not exactly the same, so I can't comment on how easy it would be to follow.

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
[user=606]Sol[/user] wrote:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:

I thought he was called " Manuel"  or "Sgt Schultz:" - depending on which TV show one saw.? :roll:
You're dead right George - "Manuel" was his name ……………….old age does terrible things to one's memory for names ……….:roll::roll::mutley:mutley:mutley

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
[user=753]Phil.c[/user] wrote:
Alan, i've looked at Gimp on youtube and it looks like it's based on PS with layers etc. To do a tutial as Peter suggested, for beginners or Manuel would need step by step explanations with screenshots, most of the moves would be similar in Gimp but not exactly the same, so I can't comment on how easy it would be to follow.

Phil

That's ok Phil,i'm useless at using these programs anyway but i'll give it a go.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Hi Alan,

Poking my head above the parapet, I actually teach Photoshop and other photo editing programs. So if you do have any questions about any photo editing programs I would advise a new thread perhaps on the Computer Programs section.

Simon

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I would like to see a tutorial because I admire those who have mastered techniques that I have given up on. More importantly it will go into the Forum Index and be there for future members to refer to as well as the present ones.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
[user=875]Simonmcp[/user] wrote:
Hi Alan,

Poking my head above the parapet, I actually teach Photoshop and other photo editing programs. So if you do have any questions about any photo editing programs I would advise a new thread perhaps on the Computer Programs section.

Simon

Thanks Simon.I might need to take you up on that.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Just thinking, Simon is a teacher of PS, he's the pro here,:lol:  perhaps he would like to take over a tutorial, i'm sure he will have different techniques to me!

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Hi Phil,

I teach the "quick and dirty" way of doing things:lol:.

None of your "their is only one way to do it - the proper way" for my students. The less steps to remember the better I say.

Having used Photoshop since the 1980's when it didn't have a version number because it was so new I have learnt a bit about it. I don't profess to know it all as I used it commercially so was only concerned with getting the job out as quickly as possible. The printing presses cost £4,000 an hour whilst idle at the place I worked so there was quite an incentive to get the work done quickly:shock:.

Also once taught a chap who had severe memory impairment - to the extent he would ask the same questions at each weeks sessions - he had had several strokes. One week he discovered an old photograph and I taught him how to "clean it up". He came back next week and showed me several techniques on Photoshop:shock::shock:. I learn more when I teach than when I am a pupil:roll:.

If Robert would like to let me know where he would like the tutorials I can start with the basics and move on from there. I am out at the Melksham show this weekend but hopefully can start something next week.

Sorry about thread hijack Phil.

Simon

Last edit: by Simonmcp

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
OK Simon I have made a post here in the link shown below so if you could just carry on from there that would be great.

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=11112&forum_id=25

Posted
Rating:
I can't resist it, i'm hooked on these virtual scenes :roll:

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Absolutely brilliant Phil. How long do you reckon to take on each of those pictures you have just shown us.

Posted
Rating:
This one took about four hours Robert, mainly because all those little areas in the bridge had to be cut out to allow the smoke to show through. They are quick and easy to do but there are so many of them.

The 61xx picture took a lot less time.

Phil

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.