00 gauge - Pen Y Bryn.

Posted
Rating:
Well, that's very kind of you a derek, thank you.

Phil

Phil
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Here's a couple more, plus an area that needs work, any ideas?

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Great stuff, Phil. I would not dream of suggesting painting or covering that lovely window with its great view,s !

On the trackside perhaps rocks and rough grass, with gorse bushes and lot,s of sheep, Maybe an old tumble down cottage.
Also if you are going to bother perhaps a junction signal? Nothing to high so you can reach across easily?

regards,

Derek

Posted
Rating:
That mixing desk is in the way Phil so needs to go ………….I'll send you the address of a dump in south west France where, for a small fee, they can be recycled ……………………:roll::roll:

As Derek said, lovely view but is that white stuff I see on the top of the hill ……………………? :sad:

Are those "moorland ponds" in the last shot ?  If they are "moorland", then just some low heather type plants on the "moonscape" and perhaps the odd rock boulder.  If it's not moorland, then it needs some slightly taller vegetation and, at the edge of the ponds, maybe some reeds and bulrushes………………….The odd tree would break it up a bit but would also spoil the view. :hmm

In retrospect, I'd make it moorland …………..:thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks guys, two thoughts, that area is about five feet-ish, a moorland would look good  but on the other hand theres a lot of area there that could be modeled:???:

A few trees might be needed, as Peter suggests, to break it up. I also like the idea of an old tumbled down farm cottage/s.

Peter,

Perhaps a better idea and cheaper for me is to send that desk to you and you could dump it for me :lol:

That is the remaining snow you see, these pic were taken yesterday, temperature 3deg c.

Here's some Photoshop, just for taking pics of that area.

Phil

PS Derek made a nice comment about the view so here's a few more pics, my house is the one right down the valley, just after a lake which is just visible, it used to be the colliery managers house, the colliery was on the left, it's now a country park.

The second picture is from my front door, the little path leads to a natural quary with a waterfall, Dr Who was filmed there in the early 70's.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Lovely countryside around your area Phil thanks for the photo,s.
I see you have a backscene across the window. which with its scenic view is not dissimilar to the real thing.Also at night you will have a lovely country view, Good Thinking.

regards.

Derek

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Derek, by the way, the backscene is not really there, it's Photoshop'd

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Nice one Phil fooled me, Still It gives you an idea of what a backscene will look like.
Oh I mentioned in another thread track work ect old for new post.
Cleaning rails a cheap fairly easy method apart from tunnels.
Using Denim or cork sheet as a cleaning material.

Posted
Rating:
It's marvelous what you can do with Photoshop,:lol:

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
I notice on this shot, and the one prior to it, that you have a very, very long switchblade on the inner track Phil. :roll:  In this shot, it almost looks like dual-gauge.

Why is that or is it "camera stretching" ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Peter,

No POINT in it :lol: done twenty years ago for an unknown reason, I wish it wasn't that way but too much work involved to change it. From eye level it's not noticable!

As fot the corner in the picture, by the colliery, i'm thinking af adding a fillet there to make thinks flow a little better.

Two of the tracks at the baseboard join have lifted, this was caused when a guy who was installing CCTV for me, from kneeling, hit his head on it when getting up, I was more concerned with the track than his head :roll:

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Well, I'm not going to photograph what's outside my window… Fantastic views you have Phil.

As for your railway, what about a length of dissused and overgrown railway line from a former quarry ? No need for points as you can claim that they were removed years ago after the collapse of the quarry. Afterall, you do have a quarry/mine scene in the corner.

Cheers, Gary.

Last edit: by Gary

Posted
Rating:
[user=753]Phil.c[/user] wrote:

Hope you don't mind, but I think I'm going to steal those conveyor sheds that you have going over the railway in this pic. :cheers

The Newcastle Model Railway Club
Newcastle Model Railway Club

Posted
Rating:
[user=753]Phil.c[/user] wrote:
Peter,

i'm thinking of adding a fillet there to make thinks flow a little better.
Make sure you cook it first !..

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Gary, your ideas sound good, I am thinking along the lines of an old drift mine, around here they're called levels. When I was a boy they were left open and we used to go right into them. The drams for one I recollect was pulled by a steel rope which was attached to a configuration fixed to the axle of an old lorry. We used to push the dram up to the top of the incline, jump in it and ride it deep into the mountain, if my parents only knew :shock:

Here's a picture of the colliery that was almost outside my house (the managers house) The washery was in the place of the lake just visible on one of my other pictures.

Also, a picture of my house, taken from the quarry, of course, it didn't look then like it does today.
The railway line is visible just below, it is now a bicycle track. 

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Banned
From that black & white pic above, I can see where the inspiration for your layout came from. Just a few similarities !

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
It's all there in the picture Gary ;-)

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Just a bit of fun  :lol:

61xx South Eastern Finecast, etched chassis with Mashima motor and flywheel, 60.1, Finescale wheels.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
You sure can handle the software when it comes to enhancing your photographs Phil. That last shot is a real cracker. How long has it taken you to get such a good grip on Photoshop?

Posted
Rating:
I see what you did. 

You took a photo of the real train, and photoshopped the fence in.

Clever !!  :mrgreen:

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.