00 gauge - Pen Y Bryn.

Posted
Rating:
I taught my son Simon to engrave, twenty years ago, I was quite proud of the way he progressed, within two years he had a front page and an article in Shooting Times magazine. He has recently worked for Eric Clapton and Ron Dennis. :lol:

Phil
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Good news!

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
It's this sort of attention to detail that makes a huge difference to a layout.
So many layouts at exhibitions are devoid of people or if they have any, little thought has gone into the whole aspect of human interactions.  Your cameos are perfect

Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Posted
Rating:
[user=753]Phil.c[/user] wrote:
I taught my son Simon to engrave, twenty years ago, I was quite proud of the way he progressed, within two years he had a front page and an article in Shooting Times magazine. He has recently worked for Eric Clapton and Ron Dennis. :lol:
What - playing the guitar AND driving cars or engraving shotguns …………..:shock::shock::mutley

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=1430]Trev[/user] wrote:
It's this sort of attention to detail that makes a huge difference to a layout.
So many layouts at exhibitions are devoid of people or if they have any, little thought has gone into the whole aspect of human interactions. Your cameos are perfect
I totally agree and human interactions is what makes it real, that remins me, I need to add a vacuum flask and a grub box to that bench :lol:

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Two additions to the colliery, the scaffolding, made from 0.5mm brass rod, soldered and the overhang extension. The windows were drawn in Photoshop and printed onto transparency sheet.

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Apart from the fact that I wouldn't want to work on that scaffolding Phil :shock:, your posts are always a joy to study.

The water tower is the closest to real concrete that I've ever seen in model form I think and, as ever, it's the tiny detail that sets your work in a different league.  The slightly differing lengths on the corrugated sheeting, the missing window pane, the neat chimney pipe exiting the cantilevered lean-to and the very believable girder supports for the same "outpost, to say nothing of the authentic grouping of the characters.

Beats chewing Easter eggs any day. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Peter.

Re. the scaffolding….nothing wrong with that :lol:, i've worked on much more dodgy stuff, of course, when I was much younger and with no health & safety :shock:

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Fantastic detail in those scenes!
At first glance, I did wonder at the placement of a "toilet bowl" on your layout though!

Cheers

Ted

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for posting the latest batch of pictures Phil. Really impressed by the scaffolding. I remember as an apprentice plumber in the 1960's climbing up and down such structures with ease. Nowadays, be lucky if I get past the first level, prefer terafirma in my advancing years. That a side, keep up the good work Phil.

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney

Posted
Rating:
I was more concerned about the apparent total lack of any cross-bracing on the ends of the scaffolding structure …………..:roll::roll:  I see there are a few laterally but, as far as I can see, nothing on the end or centre columns ………  Maybe that's why the guys in the doorway have hard hats on and one guy is about to abseil off the thing ……….:roll::lol::lol:

I'm sorry Sir, we'll have to serve a prohibition notice on it until it meets with current regulations …………….:lol::lol::lol:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Peter, I suppose me saying that I ran out of rod wouldn't make a difference:lol:…but there's some on order, I wasn't expecting health and safety:lol:

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
:mutley:mutley:mutley

Well why didn't you say so ? !!!   That's fine, as long as it's on the way ………………:thumbs:lol::lol:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Having worked as a scaffolder for a very short time, those 25foot steel poles make a real dent in your shoulder when you carry them:shock: I would suggest if you want to be very accurate that you need diagonal 25 foot poles going from the bottom outside of the scaffolding to the inside (or next to the building) on the ends of your rig. This is to brace it against the builing to hopefully stop it peeling away from the building:shock:. Happened in Shrewsbury, shropshire one time in the late 1970s blocking a road:shock::shock:.

Posted
Rating:
Diagonals are priority when the new supply comes. If you notice, the hand rail on the first floor is a tad thicker than the rest, this was the very last piece I could find, but I don't think it's noticable…..not until now :lol:

Phil

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Magnificient…. This is a superb model. With all the cameo scenes taking place, I could sit in your railway room for days just admiring your attention to detail !

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
I must say Phil, until you mentioned the handrail on the first level, it was'nt noticable. I was too busy looking and admiring the detail on the other aspects of the model.   

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney

Posted
Rating:
I think this layout is superb. I love all the attention to detail and that it is not all pristine. I admire your handiwork and your ability to group things so they look so natural.

Keep up the good work as I need all the inspiration I can get to spur me onto making my own layout.

Simon

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Gary, Barney and Simon!

Phil

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Many thanks Phil for sharing your superb railway, I have spent a very pleasant time looking at all the wonderful scenes.

An excellent example of model work at its best.

regards,

Derek.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.