00 Gauge - Jeff Lynn / SRman's New Layout

Posted
Rating:

Progress (or otherwise) on Jeff's new layout

If anyone is interested, I did a quick video of two pre-grouping trains of Hatton's and Hornby 4- and 6-wheel coaches running around Newton Broadway.

[yt]hlZ6W2mBxbE[/yt]

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=321]SRman[/user] wrote:
If anyone is interested, I did a quick video of two pre-grouping trains of Hatton's and Hornby 4- and 6-wheel coaches running around Newton Broadway.

They do look the part Jeff.I have a good quantity of them here in various liveries.Looking forward to getting them on the layout.
Happy Christmas.

Tony.

"The only stupid question is the one you don't ask"
Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
They do look good Jeff. The loco's too.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

Last edit: by SRman

Jeff Lynn,

Posted
Rating:
Same to you and yours, Jeff.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Lovely looking locos in earlier days Jeff.   :thumbs

I like those shots along the viaduct with the tube lines in the bottom and it does add some scale to the layout - how big is it ?

Oh, and a very "Hattie" Christmas to you too.   :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Lovely looking locos in earlier days Jeff.   :thumbs

I like those shots along the viaduct with the tube lines in the bottom and it does add some scale to the layout - how big is it ?

Oh, and a very "Hattie" Christmas to you too.   :cheers
Thanks Peter.

Approximate dimensions along the two walls are 14' and 11' in the old measures. Width along the narrow sections is 3', and 4' 3" across the end loops (allowing me a full 2' radius for the outer tracks).

Our cats are named after Eric Sykes and Hattie Jacques, in recognition of them being identical twins (as Eric Sykes used to claim!).  :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Hattie and Sykes

Last edit: by SRman

Jeff Lynn,

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you the family Jeff, and Hattie & Sykes as well.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
A belated thanks for the wishes, Ed.  :)

Now to the latest news:
My Accurascale sound-fitted class 92, 92 043 'Debussy', has arrived. I have given it a run and it is everything that others have said in the various forums and YouTube videos. Even so, I have already got to work on it!

The first two photos show it as it was when it originally arrived, and the third and fourth photos show it after a few subtle mods and improvements.

I have glued the etched depot plaques on, and added the sun visors inside the windscreens. It was a bit of a faff to get the cab interiors out to allow access to the insides, but I got there eventually, without damaging anything. I have also modified the pantographs very slightly as per a post in earlier in RMweb in the Accurascale calss 92 thread, where someone showed how to reduce the cast 'pips' on the arms to allow the heads to sit more level when the pantos are parked. Due to mine being used to represent third rail running, this is a position mine will spend most of their lives in, unless I'm showing off the operating feature. One of the photos shows a pantograph raised to its new lower height limit (set with CVs 360 and 368), together with the cab lighting and headlights in the night running condition.

Jeff Lynn,

Posted
Rating:
I don't do stuff as late as that, but that really looks good, Jeff.

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1120]peterm[/user] wrote:
I don't do stuff as late as that, but that really looks good, Jeff.
Accurascale have done a good job on these. I forgot there was one other tweak I applied while I had the lid off: that was to colour the edges of the main PCB with some black paint, which I had open to touch up the pantograph arms where I had filed the the little raised lump down. The PCB edges showed slightly through the etched side grilles before, so the black just tones that aspect down.

I have one more on order through Kernow, for the other Europorte version in GBRf colours, 92 032. That one will be non-DCC-fitted, but I may swap the sound decoder in to that one. I know they come pre-equipped with the speakers, but I'm not sure about the keep-alive pack as well. I'll post an update once I get that model.

Another post to come will be on repairing a Hornby class 60 model, which wouldn't move when I tried it. That was a gummed up worm shaft, but it also has a damaged universal joint, which really needs to be replaced. I have ordered the parts, so will have all that with pictures eventually.

Jeff Lynn,

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Claus EllefLiked by Ed)
I'm very lucky. My slightly early birthday present from Mrs SRman arrived today from Rails. She bought me the Deluxe Titfield Thunderbolt pack. I haven't added the figures to it yet, preferring to run it in a bit first. There is a tight spot in the running, which has freed up a bit but it needs some more running yet. It is still a smooth and powerful beast, in spite of its size. I did fit the folded chimney to the coach, though.

It is a lovely model and a good bit of fun.

20240123_130340.jpg

20240123_130356.jpg

Jeff Lynn,

Posted
Rating:
That's a very nice present Jeff - lucky you.

DCC ?

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:

Petermac said

That's a very nice present Jeff - lucky you.

DCC ?

Yes: it's the Deluxe set with DCC sound and the 3D printed figures.

Jeff Lynn,
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.