What to do?

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Progress often kills off many and benefits just a few.

Signed-

Garfunkle Peasmoulder
C.E.O.
Acme Sealing Wax Co.Ltd.

(D'ced)

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ed.  As per usual I have just caught up with your thread. Before the heart condition reared it’s ugly head, I was relatively fit? Since then I have ended up on the floor countless times. And I know roughly how you are feeling.    Get well soon, and keep those ideas flowing. Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I was working on varius projects, including an N gauge roundy, roundy, Kevin.

Unforttunately my sister, whom I lived with, passed away from cancer on the 1st August this year, so my time is taken up with sorting out everthing she left.

We've already filled up two skips of rubish as well as stuff that's gone to the charity shops.

I'm now tring to sort through 50 years worth of paperwork, as it looks like she never threw anything away.

Model railways ain't going to happen for me for some time yet!

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ed  I am sorry to hear about your sister, with two skips of rubbish I thought that I had problems? I lived with my Mum and Brother after dumping the big wardrobes, I was reminded that the hardboard back’s would have been handy for the backscene. My head and heart were too busy to think about the Railway, and has been since, now I have to consider my own health, all the same I would like to catch up with the Railway. As I have to take it easy, luckily for now I have got my shopping taken care of.   Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
  Hello Ed,

I’m very sorry to hear of your sister’s recent passing. I know it’s not easy and keeping yourself busy helps. It seems you have much still to do at home and I take it you at least have some help with the heavy lifting.

Take your time to do what you need to do and when the time is right, come and tell us what you’re up to.

I hope everything goes well for you Ed and that you have some family and friends happy to help.

My very best wishes and take care of yourself,

Bill  

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ed.    I have just caught up with this thread.  I am pleased to read that you are making a recovery, but the older one gets the longer it takes. My trouble is that I cannot go out, walking with a stick was straight forward, but, now my own plumbing is letting me down. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Don't think it's so much of making a recovery as just taking each day as it comes Kevin.

Best thing to do at the moment is take it easy and keep warm

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ed.   You are well on the correct track there, it is definitely brass monkey weather out today. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Hi all

Just a quick post to let you know I’m still around and enjoying reading about the current projects.

I’m still unsure as to whether I will be moving to smaller accommodation, especially with the current rise in interest rates and increasing inflation, and am therefore reluctant to commit to any type of large modelling project which may then have to be moved in the next 12 to 18 months.

However, as I have been suffering railway modelling withdrawal symptoms, I thought I’d experiment with something small, just to get back into some sort of modelling mode.

More to follow in a new thread as and when I get started.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Oooooh great - are we going to see another plank under construction Ed ?

A shunting puzzle can be fun to build and even more fun to operate.  :roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Not sure how far I'll get with it Peter, all I'll say for now is it's not 00 gauge.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Hello again Ed and it is so good to hear from you,

I'm sorry to hear that the current uncertain times are taking a toll on your modelling activities, but good to hear that you have a little new project bubbling along. It will do you good to exercise the modelling muscles gain and help bring a smile to your face.

Take care and let us more when you're made a start.

Best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ed,
Just been catching up with this thread…

I looked at both your ideas and wondered if the following plan might give you the 'best of both worlds".  I built something similar to this on an 8x5  when I was a teen in HO and had a lot of operating fun with it with plenty of shunting and 5 spots where trains in opposing directions could cross.  The minimum here is about 9 inches but this is not drawn to scale.  

Sorry about your losses and ill health but I am sure you will find some sympathetic ears on the forum,

Regards from Oz

Trevor

Posted
Rating:
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.