Bachmann Class 411 4 Car EMU Set 31-427A HELP!!!

Posted
Rating:
#166629 (In Topic #9502)
Hi all, I hope somebody can help. I've recently purchased a Bachmann Class 411 4 Car EMU Set 31-427A  at an auction and unfortunately the drawbars (electrical connectors between units) are missing. Does anybody know where I can get some from please? Will Bachmann have some that I can purchase directly as it's a discontinued item. Thanks, Tom

"The Next Trains Gone!"

www.mrtommarshall.co.uk
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Tom, I presume the drawings/service sheet  of the units show the part number so why not Google the part number  or contact Bachmann themselves?

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Ron, I'd missed the replacement parts list when I looked at the documentation. I'll contact Bachmann tomorrow. Thanks Tom

"The Next Trains Gone!"

www.mrtommarshall.co.uk

Posted
Rating:
Bachmann do actually sell them in packs and quite a few retailers have them. Catalogue number is 36-063 and has 4 drawbars included in the pack.

As an example, Hattons have them listed as the last item on this page http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/1000393/1000588/1000661/0/Bachmann_Branchline_OO_Gauge_1_76_Scale_Spares/prodlist.aspx at £4 .

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
Hi SRMan, thanks I found these online but they're not the same type unfortunately. These are plastic clips and the ones I need have an electrical connection running through them to link each unit up. thanks anyway! Tom

"The Next Trains Gone!"

www.mrtommarshall.co.uk

Posted
Rating:
I've always found Bachmann service department to be amazingly helpful.  I needed some spares for a long discontinued V2 loco.  They had everything I ordered in stock and they also offered advice on the best option to opt for.  Very friendly e-mails from them too. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I've just received an email reply from Bachmann directing me to the same plastic clips mentioned above, not the electrical connectors I require- not encouraging!

"The Next Trains Gone!"

www.mrtommarshall.co.uk

Posted
Rating:
Tom, these are the electrical ones! They are plastic but have two contacts running through them and are exactly what is supplied with the 4 CEP units when purchased new (although they come with two different lengths of these couplings - I'm not sure if the ones I linked you to are the longer or shorter ones).

Last edit: by SRman

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, bachmann have just told me the same! The photo shows a plastic clip which is why I got confused. I will order some, many thanks, Tom

"The Next Trains Gone!"

www.mrtommarshall.co.uk

Posted
Rating:
RFS
The first Bachmann 4-CEP that I purchased when they were first released had two sets of 4 conductive couplers - 4 long and 4 short (well just slightly shorter in truth!).  The last one I purchased had 8 couplers all the same size - short version - so I'm not sure what you'll get in the packet of spares.

Robert
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.