Ratio 432 SR Precast Concrete Pale Fencing

Posted
Rating:
#242518 (In Topic #13405)

Under scale?

Hi All. This week I ordered and received my Ratio Kit , the subject of this inquiry. IMHO the fence looks very short,at 15 mm that is about 3’ 9” ( three foot nine inches  ) My recollections make it at least five foot, or more?
My Bashing of kits is criticising them. Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Maybe you were a lot shorter in those days, Kevin!
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:mutley

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
Hi Jeff. Thank you for your reply. Maybe they are worried about the environment? And less paint required to complete the job :mutley    . Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
[user=321]SRman[/user] wrote:
Maybe you were a lot shorter in those days, Kevin!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:mutley
Teehee!  

You are perfectly right Kevin, they were much taller than that - your guesstimate of 5 foot would be much more my recollection.  They wouldn't pass Health and Safety these days at that sort of height.  However, I have a cunning solution……

If you change all of your track, rolling stock, people and buildings to 3mm scale, they will be fine!   :mutley

Michael

Posted
Rating:
Hi Michael .   Thank you. In 1958 Mum purchased an original Triang Set, t/t,  with two 6 volt batteries in a plastic box, I wish that I still had it now, purely for sentimental reasons.   Best wishes Kevin 

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
You will probably find they were produced in differant heights dependant where being installed Kevin.

Perhaps 4,5, 6 ft heights

Ratio probably picked the 4ft high ones as they could fit more into the moulding area as they would be limited by mould space available with the moulding machines they had at the time the mould was made which i would guess was many years ago.

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
Hi Brian.  Thank you. You mean another “ Airfix “ left over? I know that a lot of Dapol kits were made by Airfix.Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Yes Kevin you are right a lot of the Dapol kits are ex Airfix models i think some of them were around when even you were a boy so they have had their moneys worth out of them.

I think the Ratio kits are unique to them although i believe the company is now actually owned by Peco

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
Yes Brian.   Peco wants a share of everything, including Ratio, Wills, and Parkside Dundas .   Kevin 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.