Tea drinking

Posted
Rating:
#255163 (In Topic #13973)

Newish Russell Hobbs kettle

Hi all.   After insistence from the carers that I need to purchase an electric kettle, I decided that I didn’t need the lazy carers anymore, they kept coming up with excuses why they couldn’t make tea, cook in the oven or on the hob. Anyhow this kettle is one with a separate base, which is clever but at the same time a B. nuisance because I keep forgetting that the safety switch cannot be reset until the kettle is back on the base. The point is could a safety device be handy on model Railways and  derailments , or is there already one.  Best wishes Kevin 

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Staying on the thread Kevin.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Interestingly, our RH kettle does not turn itself off when it is removed from the base, which means, on more than one occasion, I've put it back on the base without any water and it has continued to 'boil'!On the plus side, it must have a thermo cut-off switch which means, after a rest, it works again.

One annoyance was the gauze which fits in the spout – ours totally prevented the water from pouring out, so went into the bin a long time ago.

Excellent kettle otherwise!

Gordon :-)

Posted
Rating:
Hi Gordon.  Thank you for your reply. There is one thing about the kettle, it does boil or turn itself off quick, but, I don’t think that the water is really hot enough for a decent cuppa. For that I am thinking about turning to the â€œWhistling Frog Kettle Le Crouset,  well the name sounds French? Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Kevin

This little beauty is a mains power emergency stop switch.  Twisting the orange button allows it to be reset.  It costs about £6 plus postage.

This could be used "in-line" as part of the extension lead between the wall socket and the supply sockets for the layout.  It would be strong enough to live on the floor and be used as a "stomp" switch.

I would have to strongly recommend that if any supply to the layout includes one of these, you ask a qualified electrician to rig it up.  It does not need an electrician as it would not form part of your house electrics BUT if you get it wrong, any mains voltage device can be dangerous.

Barry

Last edit: by Barry Miltenburg

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Barry.  Thank you for your reply, that switch looks the business. Best wishes Kevin

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.