Welcome to our new forum Software

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Got A question or suggestion?

Can't see FORUM TOPIC ACTIVITY Matt, but from you've said  wouldn't want to select it.

Put ticks in New comment posted under messages, AUTOMATICALLY MONITOR CONTENT IVE TOUCHED and FORUM TOPIC ACTIVITY, clicked save and got……

Critical error – bailing out
Your request has been blocked by flood control restrictions. You must wait 10 seconds to proceed.
Details here are intended only for the website/system-administrator, not for regular website users.
» If you are a regular website user, please let the website staff deal with this problem.

Depending on the error, and only if the website installation finished, you may need to edit the installation options (the _config.php file).

ocProducts maintains full documentation for all procedures and tools (including disaster recovery). These may be found on the Composr website. If you are unable to easily solve this problem, we may be contacted from our website and can help resolve it for you.

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Gone back in and it seems to have done it now, but I keep getting a box up asking if I want to save unsaved data now, every time I select notifications

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Clicking yes or no doesn't seem to make any difference

error.jpg

Posted
Rating:

Ed said

Can't see FORUM TOPIC ACTIVITY Matt, but from you've said  wouldn't want to select it.

Put ticks in New comment posted under messages, AUTOMATICALLY MONITOR CONTENT IVE TOUCHED and FORUM TOPIC ACTIVITY, clicked save and got……

Critical error – bailing out
Your request has been blocked by flood control restrictions. You must wait 10 seconds to proceed.
Details here are intended only for the website/system-administrator, not for regular website users.
» If you are a regular website user, please let the website staff deal with this problem.

Depending on the error, and only if the website installation finished, you may need to edit the installation options (the _config.php file).

ocProducts maintains full documentation for all procedures and tools (including disaster recovery). These may be found on the Composr website. If you are unable to easily solve this problem, we may be contacted from our website and can help resolve it for you.

flagged to breakage

hopefully he will sort it Ed  O_o

Edit to Add :- that will confuse the Heck out of you , who the !!! is billbrown ???   :mutley

Cheers

Matt AKA Barchester AKA billbrown ( checking Member level issues)  O_o

Posted
Rating:
I don't know if it has already been mentioned but the log-in button doesn't appear to work.  In order to log-in I have to use the 'options' button.

Also just noticed that the time (as shown when posting) is set at GMT not BST.

Thanks.

Terry

Last edit: by col.stephens

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things
breakage is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

col.stephens said

I don't know if it has already been mentioned but the log-in button doesn't appear to work.  In order to log-in I have to use the 'options' button.

Thanks.

Terry

Hey Terry,

Thanks for letting me know, can I ak exacly what's happening? Are you on Tablet/Mobile or a Laptop/PC? When you aren't logged in you should see a user name and password box in the top right without having to click the login button?

Cheers
Jay

Signatures? Where we're going we don't need no stinking signatures!

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
I changed the time in 'my profile - settings'  to (UTC+1) Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

Works for me  :thumbs:

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

col.stephens said

Thanks.

Terry

col.stephens  Hi Terry. THINK I might have an inkling, it's  mildly confusing and at first I was getting it wrong. On the tesktop site (the view is different for mobile users) to the left of the login Icon with a padlock on ? You will see two empty boxes.      'User name' and 'password'
You have to fill these in BEFORE clicking on the login Icon. Otherwise it throws and error box

IMG_20230401_125721.jpg

Is this what's happening ? Or something different

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Just to clarify for members returning ( Your login from the old site should work here, if not email us at. Yourmodelrailway@yahoo.com and we'll  get you sorted.

IMG_20230401_144715.jpg

The REMEMBER ME  tick box is optional

Prospective members please use the Join button and follow the online process.  If you have any problems or questions please also use the above email

Many thanks

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Matt, you have cracked it.  I was just clicking on the log-in box and expecting a box to appear where you enter your username and password.  It works fine for me now.

Thanks Jay, all sorted.

Terry

PS  I see the time is still an hour behind.

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things

col.stephens said

Thanks Matt, you have cracked it.  I was just clicking on the log-in box and expecting a box to appear where you enter your username and password.  It works fine for me now.

Thanks Jay, all sorted.

Terry

PS  I see the time is still an hour behind.

The default timezone is UTC with no daylight savings, I've updated your profile to be UTC+1 Dublin, London - so it should be right for you now.

Posted
Rating:
No option to upload images at all here.  There was supposed to be a button somewhere.  Darned if I can find it.  

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things

Gwiwer said

No option to upload images at all here.  There was supposed to be a button somewhere.  Darned if I can find it.  

Hi Rick

Think it's been covered elsewhere now but essentially where you see the word attachment it means picture (or other attachment types) rather than have seperate buttons for all the different things you can add it's all rolled into one attachment option.

Break

Posted
Rating:
It's a shame because I am sure an awful lot of work went into it, but coming back after a long absence I'm struggling to find any improvements in the new website over the old.  The home page is paticularly disappointing as it is neither attractive nor engaging.  If we want new members we need to stir their interest.  As it seems the average browser has the attention span of a gnat we need something to catch their eye & draw them in.  There are so many outstanding examples of modelling in YMC why no pictures on the home page?  Magazines don't put their index on the front page for a reason!

All stressed out, got addled brains?
Ride your bike or play with trains!

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff

Kaiser said

It's a shame because I am sure an awful lot of work went into it, but coming back after a long absence I'm struggling to find any improvements in the new website over the old.

Bear in mind Mal, the old website was on it's last legs and the move wasn't made to improve it, but as a necessity to keep the forum going.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Site staff

Kaiser said

It's a shame because I am sure an awful lot of work went into it, but coming back after a long absence I'm struggling to find any improvements in the new website over the old.  The home page is paticularly disappointing as it is neither attractive nor engaging.  If we want new members we need to stir their interest.  As it seems the average browser has the attention span of a gnat we need something to catch their eye & draw them in.  There are so many outstanding examples of modelling in YMC why no pictures on the home page?  Magazines don't put their index on the front page for a reason!

As mentioned by Ed, the work Break did was initially  to save YMRC as the old elastic band had finally  given out and was impossible  to mend ?
  One of the main difficulties  was finding a software  package that would actually  allow  him to pull the old database kicking and screaming into a new package, and actually  work ! only one would, and this is it. To do what he did otherwise would have involved paying  an awful  lot of money to an outside agency. Break has done this on his own time, at no cost to us, in fact he is subsidising  YMRC at the moment by hosting us on his own platform.

Now he has it running stable ( fingers crossed on that) I know he is doing some background work to improve the front page experience BUT please understand Forum software is NOT his day job and he is figuring this stuff out on the hoof so to speak. I know he welcomes YOUR comments, and any others as this gives him imput on what MEMBERS want to see and also shows him that members DO  care and maybe encourages  him to keep tweaking ?

One thing, if your visiting on a mobile or tablet and are NOT seeing pictures etc on the homepage, Try switching to desktop mode in your browser ? ( Click on the three little dots, top right on your browser and select ' desktop mode') and this SHOULD then show the pictures/ boxes that he is experimenting with

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things

Barchester said

Kaiser said

As mentioned by Ed, the work Break did was initially  to save YMRC as the old elastic band had finally  given out and was impossible  to mend ?
  One of the main difficulties  was finding a software  package that would actually  allow  him to pull the old database kicking and screaming into a new package, and actually  work ! only one would, and this is it. To do what he did otherwise would have involved paying  an awful  lot of money to an outside agency. Break has done this on his own time, at no cost to us, in fact he is subsidising  YMRC at the moment by hosting us on his own platform.

Now he has it running stable ( fingers crossed on that) I know he is doing some background work to improve the front page experience BUT please understand Forum software is NOT his day job and he is figuring this stuff out on the hoof so to speak. I know he welcomes YOUR comments, and any others as this gives him imput on what MEMBERS want to see and also shows him that members DO  care and maybe encourages  him to keep tweaking ?

One thing, if your visiting on a mobile or tablet and are NOT seeing pictures etc on the homepage, Try switching to desktop mode in your browser ? ( Click on the three little dots, top right on your browser and select ' desktop mode') and this SHOULD then show the pictures/ boxes that he is experimenting with

Cheers

Matt

Just to add if you are on mobile they show at the bottom of the page.

Posted
Rating:
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Ed)
Well I did say 'an awful lot of work' & that was obviously the case - a necessity rather than a whim.  Now an apology - I am using 'gener8' browser.  I looked up the website on MS Edge & there are some pics.!  Not being techy I don't know why one browser varies so much from another but on 'Edge' the home page is far more attractive & welcoming.  Could still do with a few more pics but a world away from the other browser.  So thanks to Break for all his hard, unrewarded work & I hope he knows it is because I do care about the future of YMC & am sorry to see the dwindling support.

Mal

Posted
Rating:
P,S. maybe that's why I've had problems posting pics??  Could it be the browser at fault?

Posted
Rating:
Breaker of Things

Kaiser said

P,S. maybe that's why I've had problems posting pics??  Could it be the browser at fault?

I've used gener8 in the past, it shouldn't be blocking images but it could have been a timing issue where you just coincidentally switched browsers around the time i made the changes.

The issue with posting pics may be unrelated - which issue was it?

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.