Hornby 2022

Posted
Rating:
#262400 (In Topic #14304)

What are your thoughts?

An interesting range from Hornby from pioneering to current. 
Living in Thetford, it is interesting to see a Class 755

Anything of interest for you guys?
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
The FLIRT is an interesting current-era development and one I’m not sure we saw coming.

The much-criticised 4-Vep unit reappears in new liveries and eith a suggestion of further improvements to the first two iterations. I was a fan of the new -style Southern livery from the day it appeared but how many Vep units ever carried it and for how long?  The SWT version can potentially run alongside Bachmann’s SWT-livery 450 electric and 159 diesel units.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Nothing for me.  The new MkI coaches are, no doubt, made after new tooling as are the vans and fish van offerings.  Whether the new vehicles are able to command the prices being shown on the Hornby site is debatable.  Even with the discounts offered by the "sheds", I still baulk at spending £20 for a wagon that used to cost £12 ans which was perfectly acceptable.

Lots of stuff across all eras so something for everyone I guess.

Shed dweller, Softie Southerner and Meglomaniac

Posted
Rating:
[user=1753]Gwiwer[/user] wrote:
The FLIRT is an interesting current-era development and one I’m not sure we saw coming.

The much-criticised 4-Vep unit reappears in new liveries and eith a suggestion of further improvements to the first two iterations. I was a fan of the new -style Southern livery from the day it appeared but how many Vep units ever carried it and for how long?  The SWT version can potentially run alongside Bachmann’s SWT-livery 450 electric and 159 diesel units.
I agree, the FLIRT came straight out of left field.

I would like both new liveries on the VEP, but at the newer prices, only if the front end has been improved. The SWT livery can also be run side by side or in multiple with some NSE liveried units. When I travelled out of Waterloo in 1999, there was a mix of liveries evident: NSE, SWT and also some hybrid liveries, like NSE with the red removed.

I have already sent a suggestion to Simon Kohler regarding the 0-6-0 Sentinel diesel, seeing as London Transport had three similar locomotives, although I'm not sure they were the exact model.

Last edit: by SRman

Jeff Lynn,
Amateur layabout, Professional Lurker, Thread hijacker extraordinaire

Posted
Rating:
I'm with Barry.

Nothing much for dinosaurs like us modelling the North Eastern region be it BR or LNER plus, the prices quoted are eye watering and beyond what I'm prepared to pay for a model train !

Unless manufacturers can control their prices better, railway modelling will once more become a "rich boy's toy".   That, IMHO, is certainly not good for the industry as a whole. 

It could be of course, that they are mainly interested in high detail, high price "collectors editions" rather than modellers - they know where their profits lie far better than we do  but I'm afraid for me, in the main, I'll have to settle for what I've already got or, in the case of rolling stock, build from kits.  I'm not prepared to dip my toe in the "pre-loved" market having been badly bitten last time I ventured there and loco building is, I think, beyond my skill level.

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.