New £90 Bachmann 32xx in BR black

Posted
Rating:
#215159 (In Topic #11743)

Is this normal?

An almost lifelong lover of the GWR, I spotted the loco below on ebay today and was surprised at the seemingly low price for a brand new boxed Dukedog, as my GWR liveried item cost almost £30 more and some new GWR examples on ebay cost £50 more than this BR variant!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-31-086-GWR-3200-Class-9017-BR-Black-Early-Crest-/262363956494?hash=item3d161c450e:g:5gEAAOSwGYVW~nQt

The handrail is bent on the left of the smoke box, but is soon remedied, so does this represent a great bargain, or are the BR versions just cheaper for some reason?

Cheers,

Bill

Last edit: by Longchap

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
So did you buy it Bill?:lol:

I would say that is an excellent price…..if I recall lower than Hattons price on release 2-3 years ago

Best wishes

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Now that really would be going over to the dark side John, besides which, I need all my beer tokens for decoders. Anyway, it's panniers you can't have too many of!

Did you notice that they also do the weathered version for an additional tenner?

All the best,

Bill 🚂

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.