Ratio 534 Goods Shed

Posted
Rating:
#161073 (In Topic #9136)
Inactive Member
Hello every one decided to make a 48” x 14” diorama to show off my locos & goods wagons so I have started with a Ratio 534 Goods Shed (haven’t made a plastic kit since I was nee high to a grasshopper) having studded the instruction and looking at the kit itself which is very good as it is detailed both sides so the inside the Goods Shed is detailed with brick & wood detail so I started with the goods shed platform (stage 3) I know I should have started at stage 1but not having made a kits for a long time wanted to see what was what.

Started by spraying it with grey plastic primer then gave it all a coat of Humbrol 84 Mid Stone when that was dry I left the slabs Mid Stone and highlighted the stone brickwork with Humbrol 187 Dark Stone and 119 US Light Earth (using up the Humbrol paint I got from a car boot sale) then No 34 white for the platform edge’s and this is what the end for now result looks like.

Going to give it some weathering with a wash of very diluted black (I think) never weathered anything so your help would be nice.

View glenn.gaw's photostream on Flickr
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Glen

Interested to see how this turns out as I will eventually want two goods sheds (if I every finish track laying) and up to now I've only been looking at the card kits.

Quite like the Superquick kit A7 and the dimensions will mean it will fit if things go to plan.:hmm

The only dimensions I can find for this one are 155x170mm, which I assume are the overall size.

Ed

Posted
Rating:
Nice attention to detail with those colours Glenn. A thin wash of black and then once dry, a dry brush of grey or a dusting of weathering powder/ chalk, particularly in the heavy traffic areas should do the job nicely.

Cheers

Marty

Last edit: by Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks for you comments and tips for weathering.

Some more photos of the build painted the same way as the platform

Ed the size of the shed is 170mm x 155mm just meserd it up.

Posted
Rating:
If I may offer a word of advice - when painting walls (or any surface really) white it's best to use an aerosol.  If you're painting something cream, spray the surface white first.

I like how you've done the stone work, very much like I did mine.  Great minds?

John

Just remembered I did a thread on the very same kit, snap!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=9776&forum_id=72

Last edit: by Brossard

John

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
:hi Brossard I did see your thread very useful indeed what colour did you do the woodwork?

Posted
Rating:
Happy that you find it useful.  I built it for a friend so I don't have it.  I think that the woodwork was a GWR colour - Dark Stone if memory serves (and it frequently doesn't).  TBH I don't usually slavishly stick to an exact shade (despite having hundreds of tinlets and bottles, I often don't have it) so I go with a close match.  I normally weather stuff anyway so exactitude isn't necessary IMO.

This is a useful site:  http://www.stationcolours.info/index.php?p=1_5_GWR

John

Last edit: by Brossard

John

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.