Regie Renault 5150 Panoramic railcar

Posted
Rating:
#240833 (In Topic #13337)
Guest user

seeking information

I came across a picture of a French railcar Made by Renault in 1959. A series of 10 were produced numbered X4601 to X4610. Not a lot of information around about this railcar. What I have found is in French (I can read it). 

It redefines ugly to the point of attractiveness, rather like the Daimler SP 250!

This link should take you to a picture of it hauling a second  carriage

http://transportrail.canalblog.com/archives/2015/09/27/32692528.html 

Powered by a Renault V12  diesel of 800hp it could exceed 100mph. 1st class seating for 44 in the upper compartment which was sited over the engine and generator, 2nd class seating at each end, with a drivers position at each end

Apparently Jouef made one in HO in 2010, but I cannot find it in any of their catalogues around that period. Mistral did / do make a very good HO model of it for nearly 400Euro.

So does anyone know anything about this railcar? I would like to either scratchbuild one or get a reasonably priced one. I have only ever seen it referred to as "Autocar Panoramique" and I think it was the only design like this ever produced by Renault. Any documentation would be gratefully received

Oddities like this appeal to me!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Unfortunately I dont speak French but it appears the link is not working correctly and does not take me to a tram  :hmm  
'
La page demandée n'existe pas ou n'est plus disponible !
Pourquoi ? Quelques explications…
  • L'adresse tapée dans votre navigateur est invalide
Essayez l'une des solutions suivantes : My interpretation is. . . It be broke    :roll:    Pity I was looking forward to seeing old Reggie !

I will now go and practice my French  " Ave Vu un Cuppa ?"

:)

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I was able to find it by deleting everything in the URL past "archives" to get to the archives, scrolling down to the links for archives by month, and going into the September 2015 archive.

The address in wilwahabri's link is correct, I recopied it here from the page:
Pour ses 60 ans, le Cévenol mis sur route ! - transportrail - Le webmagazine des idées ferroviaires

Perhaps the site doesn't like people linking directly to individual archive entries from outside. So I shall also try:
A direct link to the image:

(Click to enlarge)

A link to the September 2015 archive:
septembre 2015 : Tous les messages - transportrail - Le webmagazine des idées ferroviaires
And a link to the main archives page:
Plan du site - transportrail - Le webmagazine des idées ferroviaires

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Excellent I'll check me books ,see if I have anything. Looks like an interesting scratchbuild project !
 ( not for me though)   :mutley

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.