Kevin's Inglenook Junction

Posted
Rating:

Two Planks Become One

Please excuse my ignorance, as I have not handled this van or so far looked closely at NEM sockets, but what happens if one pulls the fitted tension lock coupling out? Is the NEM socket revealed?

Bill  quest:

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Have you adjusted the couplers and trip pins to the correct height?
What hooks are you talking about? Do you mean the coupler heads (jaws) come off? Or is it the coupler mounting that fits into the body mounting you're having trouble with?

Last edit: by peterm

Cheers Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry.   Thank you for your reply. My straying index finger slipped in an error, forgive me for substituting Hattons instead of Kernow. But Kernow didn’t make the finding of the NEM pockets easy, but I will have to sort out my third hand with a Magnifying Glass mounted on it. A finely detailed model that puts it into another league from Hornby etc. Best wishes Kevin 

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Terry.  Put that down to me, I just cannot help myself. The arrow with the big barb pointing the direction of passage puts me right off. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Ok I've completed the Kadee shuffle ( see what I did there? )  :mutley.  Post to bump the thread 
Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Thanx , but I am uncertain what you did? It’s a bit early for me now that I am going over the hill, let’s hope that I don’t get stuck. Time in hospital takes it out of one, all the best Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
I moved the posts about Kadees from Terry's thread to here in your inglenook thread Kevin so you can continue talking about them here ( Kadee shuffle ? Ok well I thought it was funny !  :lol: ) I then posted to ' Bump' the thread up in the recents page. If you post in it regularly the thread stays near the top of the recents, if you DON'T post in it regularly it drifts further and further back in history.
HTH

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt and all parties in the same position . Today I did manage the first part of the job. That is removing the original tension lock coupler , and I don’t even know if it will be the correct height. Nothing in this life is ideal. It would seem a shame to spoil something what at first seemed perfect. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
First of all Kevin, if using Kadee couplers, you need the height gauge
https://www.kadee.com/ho-scale-tools-and-accessories-c-274_282_316/206-ho-insulated-mutipurpose-coupler-height-gauge-p-315.htm

and removing the tension lock is NOT removing something which seems to be perfect. So many varieties !!!

If I wasn't using Kadee, then I would have used the Peco coupling

Coupler (Auto) Simplex

The original metal coupling designed for use with the SL30 uncoupler, allows a vehicle to be lifted straight from within a train without derailing adjacent vehicles.

View

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Hi Ron.  Thank you for your reply . Thank you for reminding me, but, I have a collection of tobacco tins containing all sorts of wonders, one of the tins contains Kadee stuff . I must admit I really need to get my Railway room sorted out .Best wishes Kevin

Posted
Rating:
Hi All.   I have been considering purchasing Model Railway Magazines, Hard copy against Online editions. It is okay if you have plenty of storage space, better still if you can catalogue all the items and are able to refer back to the interesting plans . On the other hand one can purchase the online version which may be easier to catalogue,I am not quite certain about the legalities though copyright gets in the way again?  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Bill.  Thank you for your reply. That is exactly how I found the NEM pockets, but the pockets are unobtrusive which other companies do not go to such effort. Best wishes Kevin    

Last edit: by Passed Driver

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.    I hope you can answer my question. No1. I have been playing trains on my Inglenook, for far too long, No 2 I have not been doing a proper job of this. I know how to do the job, but, my printer does work with my iPad.No3  how can get the prints from the iPad printed unless I buy another printer. Please advise Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Okay Kevin I'll try and pick this apart.No 1 you can NEVER have been playing with your inglenook for too long

No 2  if your Printer DOES talk with your Ipad then whats the problem ?  I take it you meen your Printer DOESN'T talk to your Ipad. 

Is that the case ?, that your printer DOESN'T talk to your Ipad ?

If so then question 1 Why do you want to print ? And What are the prints for ?

If you NEED actual prints you have a couple of options

1) go to a supermarket or shop that has print facilities and get them to print what you want

2) buy a printer that DOES talk to your Ipad

3). On your Ipad open your email client and email YOURSELF a copy of the picture, then open the email on your laptop and use that to print via the printer ( this is dependant on you being able to open your emails on both Ipad and Laptop

If you CAN'T open your email on both then your other option is to upload the photo to your gallery on here from your Ipad and then open that photo from the gallery on your Laptop and print it

Posted
Rating:
Hi.  Matt    No my iPad is wireless and my printer has to be plugged into my printer.There is nothing wrong with the printer. I have  decided after all this time to follow the recommended way, which is to shuffle the prints like cards, instead of Faffing about with bits of paper. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
  Wow, Google translate was no good with that one Kevin, but are you by any chance talking about producing ‘Inglenook Puzzle Cards’, the ones you can shuffle to give the required order of trucks to be assembled?

Some people like to use photos of the actual stock to be shunted, while others have used playing cards with the photos of the stock stuck on them, which seems a capitol idea!

Good luck and have fun.

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Thank you for your reply Bill. Photographs  don’t laminate well, I will have to pop down to Boots once I get used to going out by myself. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Ok Kevin now we understand the problem I'll try for the easiest solution. Your Ipad is working and I take it you can Access your emails ok ? If so then take a photo and then email me, adding it as an attachment ( the little paperclip symbol) lets see if that works. If so take the photos you want one by one and email them to me. Ill print them on postcard sized matt photopaper and then post em down to you. No need for you to leave the house. If you CAN'T send them via email for whatever reason, go online, find a photo of a piece of stock that matches your stock, post the link to the photo in here and I'll find a royalty and copyright free equivalent to  print and post
:thumbs

Cheers

Matt

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  Excellent. I would never have dreamed of that. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Hi Matt.  I will have to take it easy after noticing a certain weakness in my hands, it’s almost impossible to get an appointment with the GP, and I referred to my ipad (I couldn’t get any sense from the physiotherapist?). As I suspected it could be a sign of heart, I must remember to ask the doctor next time I am at the Cardio Vascular clinic,I will continue with Inglenook Junction after I have sorted out my problems. Best wishes Kevin 

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.