Inactive Member

YMRC meet.

OK  Thanks, Peter.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Depending on whether we can find and use the old logo then the current one will have to do.I haven't seen the old one so can't comment on it.I have also been wondering about the logistical problem of ordering T shirts from one place when we all live in different areas of the country.I also don't trust my own ability to order online and get a T shirt back that looks right,ie.font size,word placement,that sort of thing.I have been looking at local printers and i'm wondering if this would be a better option for us all. All we would need to do then is agree on design and colour.

What do you all think?.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I'm happy either way Alan , must admit the shirt Max is modeling looks a bit ' old school ' with small logo on breast pocket.. And think the larger blue 'ymr' banner logo would look good across the back of a T shirt with tghe site address underneath …or was it across the front ?????? Anyway no reason why we can't have two designs 1 classical ( old fuddy fuddy ) design like the one Max is modelling with shirt pocket logo …and new funky modern one with the blue Ymr logo and address across the front or back or whatever. If you picked one firm though Alan, I'm sure they would be able to to hold a couple of standard designs for us to choose from and then add individual names tto the front or back as per each persons choice ?          Cheers       Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Alan,

If we can agree the artwork as you say for the front and also agree any other standard details like any wording under the artwork / logo. IE Is it just YMRC or does your name also go under it or whatever.

The rear again could be up to the wearer but maybe some degree of similarity. If we all pitch in with the idea's and separate the wheat from the chaff and get to an agreed design or set of perameters first.

The logistics. If we can format the artwork online everyone could use the files to pass on to their own suppliers if they wish. Maybe so many members could produce them on a local basis if in a reasonable travelling distance of each other but country wide may need a bit thinking.

I'll wait and see what everyone else wants.

Question. The main logo is this printed or embroidered ?

cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Hi Tom,working on the assumption that we use the present logo and it could be resized to fit over the breast area,left or right,left probably it could be embroidered but if it was to go completely across the front then i would imagine printing would be the way to go.You would need a second mortgage to get it embroidered.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
I think the "old fuddy duddy" logo was embroidered.

Nowadays, embroidery is not that much more expensive than scren printing but last much longer.

If it were me, I'd go for a single logo (without "personalising") to keep costs down.  That way, someone could place a "bulk" order with one company and distribute them from one source.  Having names etc. printed would mean an additional print run for every tee-shirt - not very cost effective I fear ………………..

I'll wait until you've decided before contacting Chris Trerise (if at all) …………………….but don't be too long about it !!! :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
The old logo paid homage to Bob's (our Founder), railway - Barchester.

With Your Model Railway underneath.

I put my shirt in the scanner.

You're right.  It's probably too elegant.  :roll:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
:hmm Some valid points, the more individual runs there are…… the higher the cost….. probably by far. Also the embroidery would last better than the screen print.

An option would be to go down the minimalistic route of a decent quality T shirt with an embroidered club emblem and wear badges with username and layout name on it.

Having YMRC and the web address on the back could be standard as well though as one of the purposes is to promote the forum. ( Navy Blue sounds good :mutley)

I'll go with the flow.

cheers

toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
[user=1708]mattc6911[/user] wrote: 
If you picked one firm though Alan, I'm sure they would be able to to hold a couple of standard designs for us to choose from and then add individual names tto the front or back as per each persons choice ?          Cheers       Matt
Which company to use though Matt?, i've looked at Vistaprint and a couple of others and i'm confused to say the least.I might just go and visit a couple of local printers and check out prices,quality etc.we need to settle on the design format and colour,remember that the logo is blue.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Just missed your post Max.

It does look good but maybe needs to reflect the body of the club now rather than any one individual ……. but there again Alan owns the name and the club as an entity. ( also no disrespect to Bob intended ).

Maybe a rallying of the troops to come up with a logo and some standard wording underneath which could be as easy as YMRC. or The YMRC 2015 Tour…….. YMRC Warley 2015.

The emblem will be the hard bit but get some suggestions in and Alan has the final shout. At the end of the day I can't see anybody having any real objection as to the chosen design as I think we are all thinking down similar routes…………. Can I have the Declaration of Arbroath on the back of mine. ……. Aw Aw……….. time to duck……….quack.:mutley

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
I might be wrong but embroidery seems to go on polo shirts whereas printing seems to be more prevalent on the cheaper type T shirts so i suggest the choice is down to the individual.

I like Tom's suggestion of Navy Blue but the logo is blue so will it clash,i know the logo is a lighter blue.

I think a poll is required.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

I bunged the navy blue bit in before realising that we were going with the logo. As long as its not white, unless we make beer stains part of the design to hide the inevitable real ones. Maybe chuck in a curry design as well. :mutley 

cheers

Toto 
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=1505]toto[/user] wrote:
…………. Can I have the Declaration of Arbroath on the back of mine. ……. Aw Aw……….. time to duck……….quack.:mutley

You can have the Smokie - the rest will have a kipper ……………:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
The  logo on the front page is a light blue surround with a metallic brushed silver/ chrome infill , think that would look quite eye catching on either navy blue or on a mid grey T shirt . Think your right Alan the embroidered Polo shirt would cost more but probably last well. I would be happy to own , and proud to wear one like that ( Max thanks for the close up, It looks great and is a nice compliment to the work Robert put in to creating and growing the club )   But I think When Tom suggested a T Shirt he was thinking along the lines of promoting the club so the bigger banner / logo with the site address underneath would do this better ? And if we wanted we could go with the idea of putting Warley 2015 or some such on them and this could be adapted, changed for future outings as well. But we could explore both options ? I would like a couple of T shirts for Warley , but would also be interested in an embroidered Polo shirt like Max's if its possible to get one ?  Also Alan , as for firms, So much is done online these days I'm not sure if local printing firms even try to compete anymore. The one I posted earlier was 1 of 3 picked from a Google search and had the most , and best reviews. Unless someone has used a firm and can recommend it that's pretty much the only way to choose these days          Cheers.    Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Banned
Why not white polo shirt like this below, although with a larger logo…

Cheers, Gary.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Thanks for that Gary,simple and very effective.After all we only need it to recognise each other.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
[user=1708]mattc6911[/user] wrote:
The  logo on the front page is a light blue surround with a metallic brushed silver/ chrome infill , think that would look quite eye catching on either navy blue or on a mid grey T shirt . Think your right Alan the embroidered Polo shirt would cost more but probably last well. I would be happy to own , and proud to wear one like that ( Max thanks for the close up, It looks great and is a nice compliment to the work Robert put in to creating and growing the club )   But I think When Tom suggested a T Shirt he was thinking along the lines of promoting the club so the bigger banner / logo with the site address underneath would do this better ? And if we wanted we could go with the idea of putting Warley 2015 or some such on them and this could be adapted, changed for future outings as well. But we could explore both options ? I would like a couple of T shirts for Warley , but would also be interested in an embroidered Polo shirt like Max's if its possible to get one ?  Also Alan , as for firms, So much is done online these days I'm not sure if local printing firms even try to compete anymore. The one I posted earlier was 1 of 3 picked from a Google search and had the most , and best reviews. Unless someone has used a firm and can recommend it that's pretty much the only way to choose these days          Cheers.    Matt
I know everything is done online now Matt but i've just got visions of ordering a T shirt and it coming back with the logo the size of this text.Once ordered and printed there's no sending back.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Know what you mean  Alan , some of it is a leap of faith…now that looks good Gary !! I'd wear that no problems. Do you think the site Addy needs to be a bit bigger as well ?   And Tom wass worried about white was he might dribble gravy from his pie down it  can you do a mock up with navy blue as the main colour ?:mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
OK,i've closed the poll thread or we'll have two running on the same subject.We'll do it manually and count them up later.

For me………T Shirt,Navy Blue,Logo and Web Address on the front.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
That'll do for me. I'll go for that
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.