Warley 2015

Posted
Rating:

YMRC meet.

I like the new approach Toto,
The hobby is for all, just like our website.
Defo the website url and logo/name.
But maybe quicky train type thing has to be generic as we all do something that is not on pare with each other.  Lms, gwr, diesel, steam etc
ATB,
Ian :mrgreen:

Time flies by when I'm the driver of a train
And I ride on the footplate there and back again.
Cooper St.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
OK posts are crossing lol looks like Alan's up for it as well :doublethumb so might I suggest ?   A formal (ish) front. YMR logo with the web address underneath ..and please yourself on the back ?  Your name..your Ymr nickname.and something else ( train image…snazzy design..etc but nothing rude ) if you wish ?

That way we get a good ' uniform ' front design with individual backs 

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=1505]toto[/user] wrote:
PS if Alan wanted we could also have the web address leading to  the registering page thingy.
The web address is all you would need as i personally vet each application and check emails for dodgy addresses.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
If your doing an individual back design with your name then you could include a line as some members do in thier avatar ..like…OO,DCC ..or N,dc  etc
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I'm wearing the original tee shirt in my avatar.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Max,

Could you provide a photo of the emblem on the front.

Maybe a mascot could be an idea. Again suggestions open to all the membership as it could be adopted officially if everyone was happy.

Whatever…… Oh and layout names could go on . There are guests who must be tuning in semi regular onto our threads who may recognise the layout names……… Just a thought.

Cheers
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Somewhere there is a whole thread on the exercise, Tom.

I'll see if I can find it.  Maybe Sol could have a look as well.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Perhaps Petermac can remember where we got them?

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Thanks Max,
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
The tee shirts were, I think,  bought specifically for the KYMRC exhibition in Cornwall but I think the threads relating to the show have been archived - at least, I can't find them…………maybe Alan can have a look as Admin ……..:roll::roll:

I can't remember where they were bought but I have a feeling Chris Trerise organised them.  I don't think they were particularly expensive.

Do you still have a "direct line" open to Chris Max ?  If not, I could try through his shop contacts ………….:roll::roll::roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
The shirts as modelled by Max (and I still have both the two I bought for a two-day event) were about £20 apiece back then as I recall but are quite good quality cotton rather than just cheap "T-shirt fabric".  Were they not ordered by someone with an aversion to blue diesels?

As another option why not top hats adorned with a miniature railway around the brim featuring GWR pannier tanks?  :mutley:mutley:mutley

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I have had a brief look tonight but i'll have another go tomorrow when i have more time.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Something like this Rick?
Avant d'accéder à YouTube

:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley Gave me a good laugh first time I saw it…. :mrgreen:

- Darius

Posted
Rating:
Now there's a few characters I know well!!

That's my mate Darren Hodges, owner of Hobbies Plus, in the tiny town of Stratford a couple of hours or so from here.

I have seen him wearing the hat layout in the shop.

In the clip you get a glimpse of another of his interests.  He owns the cab of former Victorian railways locomotive B67 which sits (rusting, I'm afraid, through lack of time to do much with it) in his back yard behind his premises which are both home and shop.

Darren is well-known for such eccentricities and novelties and is a retailer of miniature gauges among more mainstream items.

Hobbies Plus - home page

Last edit: by Gwiwer

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Cool! I guess you learn something new every day... :mutley

Last edit: by D_Will

- Darius

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
I can't remember where they were bought but I have a feeling Chris Trerise organised them.  I don't think they were particularly expensive.

Do you still have a "direct line" open to Chris Max ?  If not, I could try through his shop contacts ………….:roll::roll::roll:
Yes, Peter.  In fact you may have noticed that Chris is back posting on my forum.

It was a long time ago, so his contacts may have faded away.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I think I cleaned a lot of threads & posts out in an attempt to reduce site size - left the modelling side of the exhibition in though.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:

Yes, Peter.  In fact you may have noticed that Chris is back posting on my forum.

It was a long time ago, so his contacts may have faded away.
I'm assuming he used the same company he uses for his corporate shop/show tee-shirts Max.  I did see he's posting again so can PM him myself if you like……………….

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
We could have a goat mascot with a YMRC blanket on, I understand certain guards have one
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
the original t shirts cost £8 but that was but that was 2010 Istill have mine too.will try to dig out the group shot for you all
:thumbs;-):cool:

my webcam link 6.19.184.67:8080
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.