Warley 2015

Posted
Rating:
Banned

YMRC meet.

If Tom's driving, can he pick me up on the way…?? :mutleyWould be great to get over there, oneday ! :roll:

Actually, if the Sydney or NSW based members would like to catch up on the June long weekend at the Epping Model Railway Exhibition, I'll be there exhibiting Linden Ford.

Cheers, Gary.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=878]Gary[/user] wrote:
If Tom's driving, can he pick me up on the way…?? :mutleyWould be great to get over there, oneday ! :roll:

Cheers, Gary.
You'd have to drag him away from Frank :mutley

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Hi Ed,

no worries, Frank will have been well settled in by then.

toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Alan         I do not drive, so "I will let the train take the STRAIN".                     Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
[user=878]Gary[/user] wrote:

Actually, if the Sydney or NSW based members would like to catch up on the June long weekend at the Epping Model Railway Exhibition, I'll be there exhibiting Linden Ford.

Cheers, Gary.
Is that Epping as in "Forest" near London or somewhere else …………….:mutley:mutley

If it's London, and you're coming Gary, you'll pass fairly close to my house en route so can you pick me up ……………..:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=1801]Passed Driver[/user] wrote:
Hi Alan         I do not drive, so "I will let the train take the STRAIN".                     Kevin

Ideal Kevin.If you look on their website you can get to the exhibition hall undercover straight from the station.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
I will try to attend on one of the days, just depends upon my leave cycle. Will see if Sparky wants to come too. Maybe we will use our senior rail cards and come by train!

Bob

Posted
Rating:
Alan Please Sir, I forgot to ask which is the best day for attending?? either could be okay, but that depends on the Church goers and the crowds as to which day is better.
                  Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
No idea Kevin,i've never been.

Saturday will probably be better for me but i'll go with the flow.My idea is to meet as many YMRC members as possible.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
I am there for the weekend so let me know where to meet up.

MarkL71A,
Chandlers Ford

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
We can discuss that nearer the time Mark.I don't think this years layout has been finalised yet.The last time i looked it showed last years exhibitors and traders.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I think Tom and myself ( not spoken to Paul yet ) are thinking to drive down Friday evening , stop in a  travel lodge or similar near the venue, do a full day Saturday stop again Saturday night and travel back up Sunday , mid morning. So Saturday meet up would be good for us.

Cheers

Matt

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Looks like Saturday then.Good for me.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Anyone who knows the venue and can point out a good place to to stay ? And then anyone wants to stop over Friday or Saturday night can possibly book the same hotel so we can have a chat over a few sherbets

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Although i used to live not far from the NEC i don't know about accommodation nearby,it will probably be expensive.Might be worth looking at Warwick or Leamington Spa and travelling in,it's only a few miles.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Sounds like a great idea, but, I did Warley last year and suffered for a week due to back problems. So I'd have to give it a miss I'm afraid.

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
It would be nice to meet up, but I don't like Warley. The year I went it was horribly overcrowded. The organisers had roped off about a third of the width for the whole lenghth of the hall.
Had they used that area it would have been comfortable, as it was, too many pinch points and struggling crowds.
Shame.
I did hear it is cheaper to park at the railway and get the moving footway through to the hall.
Depends if you intend buying lots of heavy stuff

I used to be normal until my grandson discovered model railways

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
I've never been Mike and the only reason i suggested it is because it covers all gauges and a forum meet would be nice, whereas you and i model N.Try and make it if you can it would be nice to meet you again.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Getting a bit closer, thought a revival of this thread may be good to see who is still interested.
There is a Scottish contingent interested which may grow a bit yet.

If anyone knows the area well enough, suggestions as to a suitable hotel would be appreciated. My posse will be coming down by car on the Friday ( later on ) and staying over to the Sunday to allow for a wee social swaree after the show.

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Two excellent places to stay  near the NEC both in Shustoke only 10 minutes drive away. The Old Vicarage Shustoke - 01675 481331 (Rosie Hawkins) jbhawk@doctors.org.uk and Priory Famhouse Shustoke - 01675 481550 prioryfarmhouse.co.uk/ (Margaret Manley).
There is a very good food pub in the village - The Plough - and one of the best Rel Ale pubs - The Griffin (8 on tap!!)
I have stayed at both on many occasions and enjoyed many a flagon at both of the pubs -  the Griffin in partiucular.
Derek
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.