Warley 2015

Posted
Rating:

YMRC meet.

I was discussing the parking charges with my brother in law and he made an observation I hadn,t considered, the Warley club have the show hall for a week before the show weekend consequently the hall isn,t earning any money so the NEC recoups the money from car parking, and probably makes a good deal more than the hall hire.

Pete.    

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=1411]mckinnell[/user] wrote:
Has he not given any reason for this, as, i am hoping that Tom is not ill………….

Regards……………..Tom…….:);-):cool:
Spurno
"PM sent"

As Toto was a very popular member of this forum, others would it not be better to let us all know

Paul

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Simply Paul, a difference of opinion on the meaning of the written word between members. Those who read the threads/posts before they got cleaned up, will know what I am saying - to be honest, water under the bridge now.
Toto may rejoin one day.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
[user=1766]jakesdad13[/user] wrote:
I was discussing the parking charges with my brother in law and he made an observation I hadn,t considered, the Warley club have the show hall for a week before the show weekend consequently the hall isn,t earning any money so the NEC recoups the money from car parking, and probably makes a good deal more than the hall hire.

Pete.    

I don't know about others, but when I've been to the NEC in the past for various exhibitions, (Motorcycle show, Building Construction exhibitions etc.) there has been some variation in whether parking was free or paid for. Maybe I'm just an old cynic, but it strikes me that the NEC management have taken the same view as many Councils, and regard the public as 'cash cows' to be milked for every cent they can screw from us, probably to pay the outrageous salaries to some of these "Executives" who feel they 'deserve' it! This might well backfire, and result in the public voting with their feet, as it appears on the NEC website that parking charges are now the norm for all functions.
                                                                          Keith.

Posted
Rating:
My partner & I went to the NEC for Warley several years ago & there were complaints back then about the parking charges.
We didn't need to use the parking facilities but people were upset about the level of the charges. So it's nothing new & a good earner for the NEC.

Last edit: by amdaley

"The only stupid question is the one you don't ask"
Regards.
Tony.

Posted
Rating:
£12 was very steep I agree.
I forgot to get a ticket and the machine was broken by the East 3 car park when I got back so drove to the window to pay like I have done before, the very nice chap behind the window just waved me out :)
Cannot ask for more!

Time flies by when I'm the driver of a train
And I ride on the footplate there and back again.
Cooper St.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I think you need to split that between us Ian although after what you spent your need is greater than ours.:mutley

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
I seem to recall from another forum a couple of years ago that there is a free or very cheap car park at or near a station about 2 stops from NEC.

Cheers MIKE
I'm like my avatar - a local ruin!
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.