Posted
Rating:
Guest user

YMRC meet.

:mutley Yeah right
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
The question is, when buying things at venues i  think is, " is it cheaper than from home over the net inc P&P or not???:hmm"; certain things on my list if i get their might be cheaper from Warley as opposed to the post, mmmmmmmm, i thinks anyways:lol::lol::lol:, that's my excuse and you lot get your own :mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley…………..
                                                         Regards………….Tom………:);-):cool:
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Tom,

I think we expect bargains at the shows but really ……. Let's not kid ourselves. You usually find the retailers are actually adding the " cost " of attending the show onto their usual RRP.

However, having said that, there can be the odd bargain to be found. I got some scenic scatters marked down to £1.00 from the usual shelf price of £3.50. Now that is a bargain.

I'll pay the inflated prices if I have to when I visit shows as it gives me an interest in seeking out items that I want. To me ( generally speaking ) regardless of whether you are shopping at a show or at home ……….. You won't beat Hattons. For main stream items the rest could close down for me.

Cheers

Toto

PS ….. Hope to see you there.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
True its probably cheaper to buy from your favorite on line dealer but theres nothing like seeing something in the flesh so to speak and at shows you find products that you didn,t know you absolutely desperately needed or your life isn,t complete :mrgreen::mrgreen:.

Pete.

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!

Posted
Rating:
Right Pete:hmm, you try telling the wife that mate:mutley:mutley:mutley:mutley:cool wink:cool wink…………

Regards………………..Tom….:);-):cool:

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
You do have a point Pete. :mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
If the main 'body' of members are going on the Saturday then I'll also go Saturday instead of Sunday, Tom please note the change!:):)

Cheers
Ron

Last edit: by g0ibi

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Ron,

No problem. I'll change that over probably Sunday. See if we get any other takers.

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Not knowing the geography within the Warley exhibition hall, do we have any suggestions as to where and when we get together. Maybe somewhere that avoids hotspots. What are the thoughts with the intelegencia.:mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
I haven't been before which is why i suggested the main centrepiece.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Alan,

Fair enough. If nobody comes back with a more informed choice then go with that. I'd suggest maybe 10.30  -  11.00 am to give everyone a chance to get there and maybe have a swatch about ( for bargain must have shinnies ). :mutley …… And absolutely no drinking before 8.00 am. :mutley:mutley

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Sounds good.I'm sure some of us might have introduced ourselves before then,don't forget the power of the T shirt.:thumbs

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Shouldn't be that bad ………. I've told Matt to wash his :mutley
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Guys,

Just been informed by the German parent company that I might be in China over the weekend of the Warley show :???:

This will be a complete bummer if that is so, last year missed it due to illness.

I was and am so much looking forward to meeting you all, so I will not know until the week before so unless you here different then I will be there and see you on Saturday 10:30 in the main area.

(Please god let there be no course in China :twisted:)

ATB,

Ian :mrgreen:

Time flies by when I'm the driver of a train
And I ride on the footplate there and back again.
Cooper St.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
It's not every day you get the chance to go to China. As much as  I want to go to Warley …….. Make no mistake …… China would win. Fantastic opportunity.

I do hope you make it though never the less.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Depends on how you look at this one?

The trip to China has been pushed back into Early 2016, so that means I can & am going to Warley!

See you all there :mrgreen:

Time flies by when I'm the driver of a train
And I ride on the footplate there and back again.
Cooper St.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
:doublethumb:doublethumb:doublethumb

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
:thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Are we getting a revised list Tom??

Cheers
Ron

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Ron,

There is a slight revision due with regards to a possible change of days for some. I will get that out either tomorrow evening or Monday evening all going well. If not, it wouldn't be a difficult position for someone else to pick up.

It ain't long now, I wonder if my prediction of the Colas class 37 will bare fruit. The DRS version is out on Monday with Hattons supposedly.

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.