Granby-Chester with RR&Co

Thanks John.  Enjoyed that .:)

reg
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi John,

I did like the panel shots. The video on the whole was good as apart from the involvement of RR& Co, it had the overall train running value and the rationale behind it with the explanation of the sequences.

It gives an idea of just what can be achieved.

Good stuff

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Owen and Reg……….so glad you liked it…………posts like that from one's internet friends certainly make all the effort seem  worthwhile

Regards from Vancouver.    :cheers:cheers

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Hi John,

You've been a busy chap and I'm not such a luddite as to be unaware of a huge amount of work going on to make such a sequence possible. I can only say well done and of course, as ever, I enjoyed watching the trains roll by. Excellent stuff.

I've been reading a great deal recently on GW operation, thanks to some truly excellent books acquired in the UK last week (Oxfam bookshops rule!) and understand both Nick's comments and your responses. I now see how satisfying operating Granby is to you and wish you much joy with the ongoing development.

I'm a great fan of panniers and seem to have more of them than any other type, although only one Bachmann at present. I'm sure that will change, as yours seem to operate superbly. Good to see the Dukedog too.

The thread title is of course, inspired, so top marks there as well and many thanks and respect.

Oh and Monday washing days with cold meat suppers . . . I'd quite forgotten, so thanks again. Happy days :)

All the best,

Bill

At 6'4'', Bill is a tall chap, then again, when horizontal he is rather long and people often used to trip over him! . . . and so a nickname was born :)

Posted
Rating:
Longchap a Luddite ……….the thought never crossed my mind:lol:

Bill …..Thank you  you so much for your kind words…..I am glad you enjoyed the video but also somewhat relieved that you enjoyed my tongue in cheek title. I must confess to being a little concerned that I may have offended you.

My obsession with Panniers has become something of a joke on this and other fora………but, like the prototype, I find them to be both versatile and reliable. Bachmann have made steady incremental improvements since they took them over from Mainline 20+ years ago. The majority of mine are 3-4 years old and undoubtedly put more hours in than any other loco that I have.

I would be interested to hear your comments on the GWR books that you bought…….over the years I have assembled a small collection which I find invaluable but I am always on the look out for more sources.

It's bizarre really……two guys from Liverpool living thousands of mile apart chatting about the GWR…….which had a relatively small presence in Liverpool itself

Kind regards

John

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.