00 Gauge - Charde

Posted
Rating:

Another station on the Devan and Summersett

Totally agree John - a super shot oozing with atmosphere.  You just need a sound track of hissing locos, voices and the clatter of point rodding and you're away Sol………………….. I think Max might be your man ……:roll::thumbs

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
The platform now has Lights. Modelscene gas modified for 240v globes- globes painted yellow & the poles from bright green.

close up and it shows how cruel the camera is to highlight the "canyon" in the tarmac platform surface

the poles bend easy - so when the glue is set, I should be able to straighten them up.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
I always think putting the lights on is one of the better finishing touches:thumbs

Typically I hide my crevasses with platform clutter (luggage, trolleys etc) ……..but that wont work for you it is too near the steps……..but you could move that passenger 5mm (not just 2mm) to the right!:mutley

Kind Regards

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Are ther lamps cast Sol or plastic ?

I'm planning to have a go at some "a la system Max" with brass tube etc.  I too think they make a huge difference. :thumbs

you'll have to get that platform paving sorted before the insurance people see it - you'll have bogus claims from all the day "trippers" ………………

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
PeterMac, lamps are plastic Modelscene 5004 pack of 8 at  Â£3.40 from KMRC and regarding the platform surface, I could just cut it out & replace with another piece and it would represent a repair job.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff

just looking down the track!

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Noice.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Always the best view, Ron.
Along the tracks.

Are you going to 'rod' the points from the signal box frame or are they 'underground'?

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
If you'd posted that shot 24 hours ago Sol, I know where it would be now.  A real "Member's Choice" if ever there was one.

A brilliant photo. :thumbs:thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
[user=394]ddolfelin[/user] wrote:
Are you going to 'rod' the points from the signal box frame or are they 'underground'?

No, all point motors now radio controlled by the engine drivers ( as happens here in South Aust) Signal box now closed.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Ah! Hence the No Entry sign.
See how I pick things up?

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Very nice Ron.  :doublethumb

Cheers

Ian

Any DCC is better than no DCC

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
 From a different angle

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Charde is to have a furniture factory behind the 4 vans

and this is the footprint

So using Model Builder from Evans Designs , I have this as the first draft part of a 2 Story low relief building

I will be using brick, not stone & I anticipate it will be fun building this in card.

But tonight in an operating session, a problem occurred with the storage tracks underneath Charde that will see me having to do some woodwork to allow easy access to any stalled locos - I have had 5 not respond to the address to move so I have to reset all info in decoders & re-progam - all 5 are Bachmann  decoders. ( in fact I found 3 earlier in the week that had to be re-programmed and was ready to throw DCC out the window & after tonight with 2 more. mmmmmmmm)

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Now you tell me when I've just spent all my pocket money on a new DCC outfit !!! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

it's going to be a good looking factory Sol. :thumbs 

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=606]Sol[/user] wrote:
 I have had 5 not respond to the address to move so I have to reset all info in decoders & re-progam - all 5 are Bachmann  decoders. ( in fact I found 3 earlier in the week that had to be re-programmed and was ready to throw DCC out the window & after tonight with 2 more. mmmmmmmm)
I have recently had the same experience with Bachmann decoders - I thought it was my ZTC system being naughty, but maybe not. No trouble with the sound locos (they have Loksound decoders), just the 3 function ones. Luckily for me, I had not changed any CVs other than the address, so a reset got them going again.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Go with TCS, lads.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
Go with TCS, lads.  :thumbs

It was easier & convenient at the time of purchasing locos from Hattons, to get decoders & Hattons don't stock TCS.

But we will overcome these "minor" difficulties :twisted:

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Actually 2 DMUs' which spat the dummy last night, did have TCS decoders, even though they responded with selection by having lights on, no movement at all so it was case of resetting to defaults & starting again.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Typical NCE.  Don't press so hard on the buttons.  :cool:
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.