00 Gauge - Charde

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

Another station on the Devan and Summersett

For a short term proposition, I did update those USA outline tanks as below

and as expected just after I stuck on the Chidgey & Son label, the ones from Knightwing arrived - it is big.

With all the various tanks I have coming, I will have enough now for all of my Oil storage needs.

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
That's a very nice looking tank Sol but I still think I'd see about cladding the tresles with brick paper for a UK scene…………..:roll::roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
A few photos of Charde from different angles

The bus driver took the corner very wide !!

The yellow sleepers are  magnets located for uncoupling Kadees.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
That all sits together very well, Sol, especially the old rails near the buffer stops but as Peter said the big bulk tank should either be on brickwork, or, criss-cross stacked ex-sleepers at each end and middle.  Somewhere I have a proto piccy of just such an arrangement.

Also, (and this is really 'picky', but the scene quality deserves it), in the second picture of the 0414 post a tiny amount of green scatter forced here and there into the platform joint lines would make an unavoidable construction line into a micro-feature.

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Thanks Doug, yes the tank will be replaced  and for the platform joint lines, I do have some green weathering powder to try out.

I am currently doing scenic bits all over the layout, not just concentrating on one area at a time.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
[user=606]Sol[/user] wrote:
I am currently doing scenic bits all over the layout, not just concentrating on one area at a time.

That's the bit I like best…!

Doug

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
This shot is a real cracker Sol:

Keep going like that and who knows, they might ask you to become a judge for the Master Modeller's Award …. ……………..:roll::roll::roll::mutley:mutley:mutley

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
With my "desire" to have       the new Charde Rail DMU stabled at Charde , not Tawnton, one of       the crew suggested  a change 
       from this

to this

so replacing the turnout serving the goods shed track & the       platform run-around with a 3 way, it gives me a storage track for       the DMU with the fuel tank.
& to line all things up, the turnout on the platform gets       moved  to the left & that gives a longer track for a loco       & more than 1- 2 vans in  run-around.

Waiting on delivery of the 3 way & a couple of microswitches       for the 3 way frog switching needed for Code 75 .

This will take a lot longer to do than the         3rd track at Watchit so it maybe possible that Charde has no         goods services for a session or two, only DMU's
( Charde will be more laid back             :mutley )

Sol

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Good luck with the switch! Been a we while since you’ve posted any changes or running on Charde!

Last edit: by TeaselBay

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
In between other modelling events, todays efforts starting at 10AM

as at 6pm  …..Microswitches for Frog switching on the 3 way to be wired tomorrow

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Wow - when I saw the first photo, I was about to say that looks nice - I like the sweeping curves running off the point when wham, bang, thank you Ma'am and it's gone !!

I can see why you've done it Sol and it does look good - as if it's been there since the goods shed was built rather than for a few hours.  On the other hand, I do wonder if the railway is taking the countryside over - I really like your scenery but is it slowly disappearing under sleepers …………………..?  :hmm

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:
Wow - when I saw the first photo, I was about to say that looks nice - I like the sweeping curves running off the point when wham, bang, thank you Ma'am and it's gone !!

I can see why you've done it Sol and it does look good - as if it's been there since the goods shed was built rather than for a few hours.  On the other hand, I do wonder if the railway is taking the countryside over - I really like your scenery but is it slowly disappearing under sleepers …………………..?  :hmm

Just like the real thing Peter !   I'm just going to spend an hour updating the bad language filter. . . Just for when Ron starts posting about wiring in that threeway point !  :shock:

:mutley

Looks interesting Ron and the changes you have been making will certainly freshen up the operating sessions  :thumbs

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Looks good Sol,AND it's going to make shunting the yard more interesting too!! Winner winner, chicken dinner!
 :pathead

Cheers,John.B.:thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Matt, wiring the 3 way was easy as I followed a good photo from elsewhere as I had lost the Peco sheet.

Now to tidy things up.

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
I finally got around to ballasting the 3 way etc

but in doing so. I have created a wiring problem - the middle track is now dead so I have to start searching for the broken connection….

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
And the problem now fixed - ballast & microswitches for frog switching - not compatible…

Ron

Posted
Rating:
Looks good, like its always been there!

Posted
Rating:
And the problem now fixed - ballast & microswitches for frog switching - not compatible…

Just like that eh Sol ?  :mutley

I'd have loved to have been a fly on your wall whilst you were trying to discover that incompatibility …………….. :It's a no no

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:

Just like that eh Sol ?  :mutley

I'd have loved to have been a fly on your wall whilst you were trying to discover that incompatibility …………….. :It's a no no
You should have been here yesterday and today while I was looking for a short in one section. I switched all sections off to narrow it down to this one bit. Could I find it? NO. This afternoon I ran the vacuum over the track in that section and poof, it was cured, but I still don't know what caused it.

Cheers Pete.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.