Rating:
Legacy Member
THANKS Paul.:thumbs

reg
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Hi Paul, just caught up , the signal was a train teck signal belongabob , it worked ok on Bobs (novice )layout slid in to the track ,picking up juice and address from there . With a Prodigy i should add.  On my layout we just got white smoke:roll:

reg

Posted
Rating:
Hi Reg

Was the track powered up when you inserted the signal, just wondering if it may have shorted as it was inserted.

Paul

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
To be honest Paul i just connected it temporary to the bus as a try out, thinking it was the same as hooking the signal through the track . As i say it was to try out at that time.:cry:

reg

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
There is a photo of the Metcalf station covered with Scalescenes paper , together with the u shaped umbrella struts as guttering .
It has since been improved ,as i seem to have found myself going towards NSE livery so some changes were made .  I will try to get some up to date pics on showing a bit more work to the canal area .

reg

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Should have said its on Blossom Hill post 131.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I found out this morning that plastic weld and liquid flux are both in the same size ,shape colour bottle .Struggled to solder some droppers on for a while.   Doh.  Good job you lot were not watching.  :oops: :oops:

reg

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
I paid a short visit to Blossom Hill the other day and Reg updated me on progress to date. He has been working on a vinyard and wine processing area. His desk was covered in micro grape vines awaiting their foliage!

In another part of the layout Reg has expanded his fiddleyard to accept more longer trains (the area to the left of the picture):

He has also continued to detail the station area - an overview:

The completed footbridge:

More detail around the station building and entrance, although the road has still to be laid:

The news stand:

Looking forward to seeing the completed vinyard!

Bob

Last edit: by Bob K

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
 Hiya Reg Thats the Images in the early pages of Blossom hill restored, the later posts all seem fine ( Guys please let me know if any aren't displaying right, I've checked em in Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Safari on both Pc and Tablet)

A couple of things for you to look at :-

Post 17. . . 5 Videos hosted via Photobucket I can't get to. . . do you have copies on your PC that you can re host somewhere else ?

Post 99. . . 2 video Links Posted by Bob K. . . again via Photobucket (As Novice) That I cant get to. . . Bob ? could you re do them via Youtube etc ?

Oh and Finally   A really dodgy Picture in post 122. . .  no Idea who let THAT be posted ?     :mutley

Hope you have a great, and productive new year and I look forward to some progress updates on this thread :thumbs

Cheers    Matt                                                                                               âœ”      Barchester

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Another super photo Rescue Matt.
Great effort.

… and the dodgy photo is a beauty!! :thumbs

Last edit: by Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Thank you Mat  great news.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Bob is coming over on Sunday ,we are going to the chiltern area show at Stevenage . I will ask him to take  photo of Blossom hills Vinyard,  Bob calls it a wine mine  you will see why if he takes the shots.

reg

Posted
Rating:
Looking forward to the update Reg, always something interesting going on at Blossom Hill… and I’m intrigued by the wine mine!

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
[user=2080]Barchester[/user] wrote

Post 99. . . 2 video Links Posted by Bob K. . . again via Photobucket (As Novice) That I cant get to. . . Bob ? could you re do them via Youtube etc 

Hi Marty
I cannot retrieve the videos from Photobucket and not sure that I still have the originals. My laptop was stolen a few years back and I lost a great deal of imagery.

Bob

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi Bob it was myself (Matt) who posted about the missing videos. No problem if you can't access them anymore, it was just on the off chance you still had copies 
Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
I just wanted to thank Reg for his advice to have a look at Blossom Hill.  This space shares a surprising number of similarities with my own and I have already identified some interesting ideas to have a go at.  I particularly like his suspension bridge over the staircase, which should help to ensure that nothing goes for a trip down the stairs but, unfortunately in my case the lines have now been laid across the staircase so I am left with the job of making the run secure with walls and fencing.

There are other very interesting ideas though!!

Posted
Rating:
Over a year ago I promised to take some pictures of Reg's Vinyard; well after several attempts, I fanally remembered my camera and took some pictures.  In some ways it is good that I did delay, as Reg has made some good progress:

Above is a shot of the vines, with a small drainage ditch, backing on to the bottling factory.  There is still more work to be done in blending the scene into the layout.

Next is a view of the factory, with a couple of tankers. In the rear is a narrow gauge railway, that runs through the rocky outcrop to more vines further along the track - a new buffer stop is under construction:

To the right we have the sales area, with a couple of people sampling the products!

Reg, is also building a pub off to the left of the vinyard. Bit of a theme here; Blossom Hill layout, vinyard and pub?

Last edit: by Bob K

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Good to see things moving forward on Blossom Hill the vineyard looks really smart.

Reg i suppose the next thing will be  a beer Brewery then you will need a hop field.

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
When I finish titivating the vineyard ,I thought a scalescenes country pub just to the left hand side where there is a chance to add something more , I usually manage scalescenes stuff ok ,but found the instructions for the pub not quite so clear in places .  I thought to try a thatched roof ,and maybe a couple of add ons.   looking forward to finishing that area ,would like to start on echo falls , thats the bit under the  bridge in front of the window sill .  going to have to have a venicular down to the river ,and a jetty . a small halt at the top I suppose.

reg
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.