O Gauge Micro - Winslade

Posted
Rating:

O gauge layout project

Mmmmmmm - O Gauge - so much detail can be built into this scale David.  Looking at your plank, it's so tempting but I still have all my OO gauge stuff boxed up and waiting for a "shed".  Suggesting a "temporary" plank in "O" Gauge would probably get me hung, drawn and quartered …………………

You asked Nigel about his name so I'll ask about yours - has "Harbottle" anything to do with the village of the same name in Northumberland ?

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Petermac - the username is actually from the character Jeremiah Harbottle who was often a feature of Will Hay films. He’s the central figure in my avatar. That picture was taken at Cliddesden station in 1937 during the filming of ‘Oh Mr Porter’. My layout is based on the line as it would have been in 1936, just before closure, at an imaginary station just along from Cliddesden, hence the username! It was watching the movie that made me curious about the real railway that had been used for filming.

Posted
Rating:
"The next train's gone….!!!!" and,"If I can't be Gladstone,I'm not playing…" :mutley……love that film!
Great layout too,btw….some fabulous detailed modelling, its amazing how much sense of period and place you've created in such a small space!

Cheers,John.B.:thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Thanks - very kind! Lots of little jobs still to do but it’s shaping up. Such a brilliant move - it never fails to amuse! 

Posted
Rating:
Awesome!!!!!!!:doublethumb

Life is just a bowl of cherries!

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
Barchester is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Hi David and   :Welcome    Aboard  !  

This just shows how much you CAN squeeze into a small place  :thumbs

I've nipped in and sorted your off-kilter photos and re posted them for you ( they refused to play nice at first  :It's a no no)

As terry said keep em coming I'm Looking forward to seeing more !

Cheers

Matt

Wasnie me, a big boy did it and ran away

"Why did you volunteer ? I didn't Sir, the other three stepped backwards"

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Matt - much appreciated! Got a few days off so may get some modelling done...

Posted
Rating:
New wagon just arrived…

Last edit: by Harbottle

Posted
Rating:
Hi David.  Excellent , long before I came back to Model Railways in 2015, I did contemplate an O gauge plank, and I contacted the O gauge society, only to be told “ that it couldn’t be done “. Both yourself and Terry have proved that  particular O gauge member to be wrong.  Anyway now I have committed myself to double O. Best wishes. Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Thanks Kevin. Don’t think O can get much smaller - at least for passenger operation. Am hoping to get the finishing touches done on it soon and run some more trains !

Posted
Rating:

Rolling stock update - Terrier has been sold and one of these is on order instead…..the Southern did own one so I can justify it :cool:. Delivery in early 2019 - will possibly get me motivated to build a coach for it! 

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
A few more pics of slow progress! 

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Quality work, David.   :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Thanks - always more to learn and do! 

Posted
Rating:
Hi David. Looks very good all round. Please excuse my ignorance, but, what Loco are you replacing the Terrier with?  Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:

Hi Kevin - it’s one of these. A Manning Wardle k class in blue - hopefully here in about a month. Platform 2 of the station will now be a terminus for a.light railway so I can justify running this! The loco is tiny so will be a good fit for the layout…

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Wonderful layout. I really like it. Thanks for sharing all these great photos with us.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Dave.  Thank you. A draughty that cab/ footplate., and there’s me thinking that old London Underground Q stock cabs were draughty. Best wishes Kevin 

Posted
Rating:
Dave, a nice big tree would disguise the joint between backscenes in the corner and maybe some grass and stuff around the white gate to show a lack of activity? Do you intend connecting that point to the other line to get some use from it?

Cheers,
Martin

Manifestly it is better to use simple tools expertly than to possess a bewildering assortment of complicated gadgets and either neglect or use them incompetently. ( L.T.C.Rolt)
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.