O Gauge Micro - Winslade

Posted
Rating:

O gauge layout project

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. The work of others on here has certainly inspired me!

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Thanks Martin - a miscalculation on my part as there should be a telegraph pole concealing that right angle in the sky. Unfortunately I fixed the station building hard against the backscene so there’s no room now! I may just put the top of the pole in and try to blend it in, or try some foliage as you suggest. The tracks do all join up - there is an ‘aerial’ photo of the layout earlier in the thread which may show this. It’s very basic - under the road bridge is a sector plate which links the two running lines. Since posting that pic of the gate, I had the same thought as you about an air of dereliction and have started to introduce some greenery and weathered the wood ramp - this pic is with flash - looks more subtle in ‘natural’ light…..

David 

Last edit: by Harbottle

Posted
Rating:
Ah, that's better!  A bit of muck and bullets as they say helps settle stuff in to place.

Martin

Manifestly it is better to use simple tools expertly than to possess a bewildering assortment of complicated gadgets and either neglect or use them incompetently. ( L.T.C.Rolt)

Posted
Rating:
Lovely stuff.  Amazing how different scales are still such an inspiration.  Look forward to seeing more!

Michael

Posted
Rating:
This is the view that the driver of the Drewry railcar gets as he rolls to a stop in platform 2. Point rodding now installed! 

Posted
Rating:
ew

Posted
Rating:
More scenic work done….

Last edit: by Harbottle

Posted
Rating:
And a bit more….

Posted
Rating:
Detail of telegraph pole….

Posted
Rating:

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
Love the telegraph poles i assume you have made those insulators out of something yourself unless you have one of those 3d printers of course.

Brian

OO gauge DCC ECOS Itrain 4 computer control system

Posted
Rating:
Thanks ! It’s a kit from Invertrain. Wooden poles and white metal arms/insulators 
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.