00 gauge - Pen Y Bryn.

Posted
Rating:
Four hours !!! :shock::shock::shock:

Can you save and come back to it during the process or do you have to do it at a single sitting ?  I don't have a 4 hour period free at the moment ……………:cry::cry:

'Petermac
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
You can do five minutes at a time if you want, I did'nt do it in one sitting.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Phew - that's good to hear. :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Peter, here's the basic untouched picture.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
I can see why you're hooked on Photoshop Phil. :thumbs

What a difference between the "before and after" shots although I must say, the "before" one is pretty darned good to start with. :thumbs

I suppose it always poses that question of how much is modelling and how much is computer technology.  I'd guess it won't turn a pig's ear into a silk purse but it certainly gives it that extra "wow factor". :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
I have found that no matter how good the camera, the pictures captured are not as good as what i'm looking at in the layout. PS is excellent for modifying this, it's not cheating, it's making things look like they really are. I am of course talking about normal layout photography and not the virtual pictures posted which as I said are a bit of fun trying to make a model into the real thing:lol:

Phil

PS. PS has something that you are used to from your earlier photographic days, Burn and Dodge tools :lol:

Phil

Posted
Rating:
I'd agree that cameras are not the ideal tool to "see" what's actually there Phil.  Our eyes are constantly on the move taking in some bits whilst our brain blots out others ………..:roll::roll:

In that respect, PS is indeed similar to, although better than, the tools photographers have always used to get the best end product. :thumbs

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
One of the best things about PS is that once you've got the layers and paths done, for example, you can delete the sky/smoke etc  that you've created and drag different ones to replace them, thus creating a new scene.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
I told you I was hooked :lol: 

Again just for fun. We all try to make our layouts as near to real as possible, hence sound etc, and we all wonder what they would look like with the real stuff coming out of the chimneys, well,  this is just another step just for the owner :lol:

Before and after shots.

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
I can't think of anything else to say Phil that I haven't said already, so please take it as said all over again.

Posted
Rating:
You've said enough Robert :lol:

I just thought I should mention for anyone who is thinking of doing this with the free downloads that are available, yes it's possible, but if you want smoke/steam to go between/behind areas such as trees bridges etc, it is much easier and indeed necessary to use layers and paths such as Gimp that Simon (spurno) mentioned. Some of the other free downloads don't have these. It depends on what you want to do and how deep you want to get.

Phil

PS. Here's a picture with the colliery area blurred to give more focus to the goods shed etc, this can be easily done with the marching ants technique that Simon is showing in his Tutorial.

Last edit: by Phil.c

Phil

Posted
Rating:
A view looking down from the bus, the driver must have popped out for something :lol:

Phil

Posted
Rating:
WOW…….. I'm kinda lost for words,

Brilliant

Paul

Posted
Rating:
Just found out why the bus driver left :lol:

Phil

Posted
Rating:
:mutley:mutley:mutley

Is there no limit to this man's talents ?

Superb shots Phil - even before the "enhancements". :doublethumb

On Edit:  Actually, I've just been back and studied the goods shed again.  It's amazing.  It could so easily be a photo of the real thing.  Do you take photos as you work Phil ?  To get all that detail in so perfectly just "by eye" (good though yours must be)  and memory is remarkable.  A photograph shows up all the small "errors" so they can be corrected.  Cameras can be very cruel but there doesn't seem to be a hair out of place in these shots …………:shock:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Phil

It cant be to relieve himself, as he is not allowed to leave the bus unattended, he is by law allowed to relieve himself on the rear offside tyre, now there is a cameo shot :twisted:

Paul

Posted
Rating:
[user=888]paul_l[/user] wrote:
Hi Phil

It cant be to relieve himself, as he is not allowed to leave the bus unattended, he is by law allowed to relieve himself on the rear offside tyre, now there is a cameo shot :twisted:

Paul
The whisp of steam coming off the radiator is the give-away Paul. ;-)

Either that or he's peeing on a hot exhaust manifold ………………………:shock::shock:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Maybe he forgot the hand brake, and is actually underneath cross legged and hanging on :roll::lol::mutley

Paul

Posted
Rating:
[user=6]Petermac[/user] wrote:

Actually, I've just been back and studied the goods shed again.  It's amazing.  It could so easily be a photo of the real thing.  Do you take photos as you work Phil ?  To get all that detail in so perfectly just "by eye" (good though yours must be)  and memory is remarkable.  A photograph shows up all the small "errors" so they can be corrected.  Cameras can be very cruel but there doesn't seem to be a hair out of place in these shots …………:shock:

I don't usually take shots as I go along just at the end…if there is an end :roll: As you say a photograph shows the errors, I think that when looking at the real thing, there is so much 3D information that the brain absorbs it as a whole, when looking at pictures we can focus on specific areas.

I'm told that it is also lawfull to take a pee when in charge of a horse or horse and cart..nothing mentioned though about pee-ing on the horse's rear leg :lol:

Phil

Posted
Rating:
Here's another picture to show the versitality of Layers and hopefully a sweetener for those following Simons tutorial and who want to invest in the upgrade program packages.

The smoke/steam has been reversed and erased under the bridge and it also shows through the bridge's latticework. This is possible because the main picture is on layer 1, the smoke on another layer and the bus radiator steam on another.

For those not familier with layers, they are like sheets of paper and each has it's own image, so for example the top layer/picture will be the only one visible unless a hole is cut into it or an erasor used, then the picture on the second layer will be seen.

The area above the sheep has been blurred also, this was done with a similar method as shown in the tutorial.

Phil

Phil
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.