Indicators in Blocks

Posted
Rating:

Some general notes

Thats the one Max.......could you let me know the schedule number please?

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
OK.  I have 35 mins to spare this arvo.    :lol:      I'll let you know. 

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I was confused, John.  The scenario is right, but it doesn't use Flagmen.

It's Schedule 9 - into Block 11.  Two cars in there - stops with VC.  Makes a Train and then Separates the far boxcar.

Schedule 10 - Block 11 > Block 12 and stops with a VC.  Uncouples and runs around - back into Block 11 (occupied with second car) and stops.

Schedule 13 out to Block 12 to couple with first car, stopping this time with a Flagman. 

I'm not sure now if that's what you're after, but you might see something useful when you run it.

The problem before came when I tried to pull a car out of Block 2 and push it into Block 1, where there was already a car parked there (Schedule 39).

The thing that peed me off, is that moving a car from one Block, through a turnout, into a parallel Block next to it should be standard fare, but TC couldn't manage it, when there is a car in the receiving Block.    I had to go out through another turnout to gain the extra Block.

It ought to be possible - I just couldn't figure out how.  :???:

Now Schedule 19 has locked up, so I'd better go and see if I can sort it out.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Got it going again >  Correction: That should read . . .

Schedule 10 - Block 11 > 12, stops with a Stop Marker.

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Do you fellows need Tim's Axe to sort these problems out quest:    :pedal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I don't think I should be near any sharp objects, just at the moment, Sol.  :twisted:

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
John.  I think that this scenario is imprtant enough to set up a new Track Plan/Programme.

If I use say, Blocks 3 and 4 and shunt two cars from Block to Block, using Block 6, it will focus our attention on the problem.

I can put one car on to the other and pull them both out and transfer them to the other Block, then take the near one off and swap that over to the other Block, etc.  Then bring the far one across, ad nausem.

It shouldn't take long to figure out how to do it - hopefully.  :shock:

I'll just check my stock of Diazepam . . .

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
Got it going again >  Correction: That should read . . .

Schedule 10 - Block 11 > 12, stops with a Stop Marker.

It is indeed a two block schedule but it stops in Block 12 as a result of the contact indicator……not a VC or flagman. I would suspect that Block 12 is unoccupied when the loco enters…………..I will have a go with the simulator later

To most people not totally bored (if there are any left) this may seem a pointless debate………..but it is actually a very useful piece of research into the limitations of the TC detection system………….well it would be useful if we could find the answer  

Cheers 

John
Granby III
Lenz DCC,RR&Co Gold V10 A4 Windows 10

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I've made a copy of the Track Plan operation and I've started deleting the excess Schedules so I just have the first few left.  It's actually quite a bit of work.  I got called away last night, but I hope to have it done tonight, ready to start playing with it.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.