Schedule 39

Posted
Rating:
#126875 (In Topic #6651)
Inactive Member

Train won't enter

When someone gets a spare minute, could you look at Schedule 39 for me, please?

I've been at it for days now.  It's the only one that's holding up a perfect progamme.  It's probably staring me in the face but I can't see it.

The loco is pushing Boxcar 17 into Block 1 to connect up to Boxcar 59.  The Flagperson and the Switch both work perfectly if I manually push the train into the Block, but it won't enter the Block by itself.  Once it's there, the Flagman and the Switch go off and the programme moves on to Schedule 40 and finishes off the programme.

I've tried messing with everything I can think of, but it just won't go into the Block.

Heeeeellppp!

Attachment
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sounds similar to the problem I was having Max.

I'll look at it tonight and see if I can spot the problem -  (no guarantee though -  still on my L plates )

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Hi Max,

Try this -

In the list for the schedules end operations increase the delay times,   both before and after the switch 39,  to 3 secs or longer.

This solved the problem in simulation mode - hopefully it will work on the layout.

Dave
Notmutley
British OO outline, DCC - NCE PowerPro, Sound chips, Computer Control- RR&Co software

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I've tried various time, Dave.  No luck. I think it might be because I'm pushing a boxcar into a Block with another Boxcar in it.  Something I haven't done before.  I might try extending the time out to 10 seconds and see if that works.  I was only using 2 3 and 5 before.

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
I've tried various time, Dave.  No luck. I think it might be because I'm pushing a boxcar into a Block with another Boxcar in it.  Something I haven't done before.  I might try extending the time out to 10 seconds and see if that works.  I was only using 2 3 and 5 before.
Just checking Max

this is the schedule in the file I downloaded

When you say that you have tried 2,3 & 5   The delays were set to 5 milliseconds which I changed to 3 seconds to get the schedule working in simulation

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Hi Dave.  Sorry, I've been busy with our band and I haven't had time to look at this.

It hasn't occured to me to change any times in the End List, as the loco had stopped before the list starts to play.  However, I'll give it a go.  That's a total of 6 seconds.  Three before the Switch and 3 after the Switch.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Nope, that ain't it, Dave.  I can understand why you think it's working on the simulator, because it looks like it's working on the TC graphics, but it still stops in Block 5, with the boxcar sitting on the double slip.

As far as TC is concerned, the Schedule is over.  Of course it won't continue into Schedule 40 because the train isn't physically in the block.

I wonder what it can be . . . .

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Have a go at this one, Pete.  I've tried everything I can think of.

The loco won't go past the turnout.  The Schedule runs to the end and the graphics show the loco and the two boxcars in Block 1, as a train, but the loco and the one boxcar never actually leave Block 5.

I've left it set up to go in Schedule 39.

I reckon I have changed every delay and timer in Schedules 38 39 and 40.  Same result every time.

I even tried changing the Rules.  Nothing works.

This Schedule is unique in that it's the only time the loco is pushing a boxcar into a Block occupied by another boxcar.

Enjoy.   :shock:

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
This Schedule is unique in that it's the only time the loco is pushing a boxcar into a Block occupied by another boxcar.

Enjoy.   :shock:
Are there rules associated with cars?   I'm thinking that RR&Co should handle a car that is triggering a contact in the same way it would treat another loco as it did in my schedule that was causing problems up until last night..

Last edit: by gdaysydney

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Max,

Apology if you have tried this -

I notice that in the schedule rules you have not ticked "enter occupied blocks"  

I have this ticked in my schedules where two loco's share the same block -  [AND it fits with Pete's strategy which is - if it doesn't work - tick all the boxes - the worst that can happen is the loco(s) will go crashing into the buffers..]
:lol:

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Yep.  Tried that, Dave.  This one's very tricky.  :shock:

Posted
Rating:
Max,

frustrating … especially as the schedule runs in simulation mode ….:???:

Another thought - have you tried running a similar schedule - i.e the loco plus a car hooking up to a car in block 1 but starting from block 12 ?-  this will run off a virtual contact and  if that doesn't work then at least we have eliminated the flag/ switch combo as a potential problem.
:hmm

Also - is the good Doctor giving you any error messages ?

And one more

Maybe RR&Co  is treating the end of the car as the end of the loco ?  

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Had a quick look at your set for the cars and currently they are at zero length  - maybe this is creating the problem

Dave
Notmutley

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Dave.  I tried it in the 2 Block Schedule running from 11 to 12.  No problems.

I think you are right with your earlier suggestion that it's a timer issue.  Both Blocks are roughly 300 mm long (plus the double slip), and there may not be time for everything to go through their processes.

If I expand the time, the Switch doesn't turn off and the loco runs on.  If I progessively shorten the timers, it stops the loco before the Schedule has run its course once it goes over the timer tipping point.

I'm looking at how I can extend the running time for the loco without making the Switch timer run too long.  All good fun.

I'm thinking that if we can suss this out, there may be an answer to the problem at the End of Schedule 8.

Once more into the breach . . .

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Well.  I've wasted enough time on this thing.  I even tried entering the length of the boxcars.  No difference.  It would seem that TC isn't capable of shunting boxcars 2 Blocks apart when there are boxcars in both Blocks.

One thing about bashing your head on the wall, it's nice when you stop.  Clearly TC isn't as good as we thought.  It's times like these when I begrudge paying extra for a "top of the range" software set.

I'll just have to rewite all the Schedules before 38 and take the train into the third Block.

It's very disappointing, but I have to get on with some modelling.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I've re-written the Schedules to take it out to three Blocks.  Works fine.  Schedules 39 - 44 involve the use of more than one boxcar. 

Since I have modified that part of the programme, seven other Brake/Stop Markers have gone out of whack -stopping between 10 and 15 cm short.  The Brake/Stop Markers for Block 11 parking the two boxcars coupled together need a stopping distance of 110 cm - in a Block 30 cm long.  Ridiculous!

Random errors occur with sound on/off buttons, depending whether it's first run through or subsequent ones.

All in all, a very disappointing result.  TC's strong point is definitely NOT shunting!

Posted
Rating:
Max a get away from TC when you are so frustrated is a good idea you can chill and think.

When you are ready to restart just focus on the problem schedules as a seperate entity i.e. 38-45 and try different scenarios to perfect the two boxcar action. Even try the same action but using different blocks.

You have a backup of the last good file where everything was good upto 39? i

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
This is what it's all about, Pete.  Push the boundaries and see what it will and won't do.  The software just can't get it all done in the time allowed when the Blocks are so small.

A train with three decoder equipped vehicles is apparently just too much as well.  Over a metre stopping distance into a Block a foot long tells me that TC is struggling.

It seems to be very unstable as well.  Lots of functionality, but when the hard questions are asked, the timers go all over the place.  I think it will run timetables and end to ends on a big layout fine, but I've caged it up - too hard.

Anyway, I've just watched Adelaide give the Sydney Suns a bit of a shellacking, so I'm ready to have another crack at it.

Back soon.

Posted
Rating:
Max i have stopped Mrs W going to the beach and have studied sch 39. it has a seperate B&S marker for the second boxcar going in. But this B&S marker doesn't have a VC it is triggered by a flagman. Wouldn't it be better to use a VC like the others and adjust the distance accordingly

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
No, Pete.  You have to have at least 3 Blocks before you can use a VC.  If you only have 2 Blocks, you must use a Flagman.  I've changed Schedule 39 to three Blocks now and I'm using a VC - all good.  It just looks a bit dumb going through an extra turnout when you don't have to.   Sailor Vee.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.