Ghosts

Posted
Rating:
#115014 (In Topic #5988)
Inactive Member
A bit of light relief, fellows.  With everything turned off, nay - unplugged, I have one Tortoise motor which moves every two minutes or so.  Just a pulse in the direction it's set, but I can hear it.

It does it 24 -7  The LS 150 (and all the other power supplies) is/are disconnected.

To quote William Shattner, "Is that weird, or what?"
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Guest user
Disconnect the operate wires at the Turtle to see what it does! The ghost may come & attack you to stop you undoing the haunting :twisted:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Nnoooooooooooooo.  I'm too afraid!   :shock:

Posted
Rating:
Turn the lights off and see if it is spookier. Anyway your tortoises should be getting ready for hibernation now shouldn't they?

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
do  do  do  do do  do - Twilight zone.

Nah, it's midsomer here.  :mutley

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Weirder and weirder.  It's not the same motor each time, but it's right on 5 minutes between pulses.  :???:

Posted
Rating:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
That's the one.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
:oops:   Found it !!

Wendy thought the train room could do with a freshen up, so she installed a battery operated timed air freshener unit under the layout, back near the wall.

I was working my way back along the power chain to the main wall outlet, when I found it.  :brickwall

It makes exactly the same sound as a Tortoise motor getting a pulse of power.  :shock:

They mean well, don't they.  :cool wink

I guess I'd better start putting the layout back together.  :mutley

Posted
Rating:
You could connect the air fresher to a point, to randomly switch it every five minutes...

Stubby47's Bespoke Model Buildings All photos I post are ©Stu Hilton, but are free for use by anyone.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I wonder if you can get a DCC decoder to fit the air freshener?

Add a coal fire type odour and you have DCC smell to go with DCC sound :hmm
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Understandable mistake - some of those Air Fresheners do smell like rotting flesh.

http://dddioramas.webs.com/

11 + 2 = 12 + 1

Posted
Rating:
Awww i was just about to start a topic on ghosts in my house too!!  lol

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hello Max,

:hmm  I'm surprised, mate, that you would even consider the fact that the Laws of Gravity, the Twilight Zone or even Einstein's Theory would apply to Australians, :shock: in General, and even less so to you in particular, :Red Card when we normal-people, Up-'ere know, :roll: beyond any shadow of doubt, that you are just hanging-on by the "skin of your teeth" and a six-inch nail through the sole of your boot. :lol: It;s not a case of mis-believing you, Max, it's purely Common-Sense in the Northern Hemisphere, :It's a no no:cheers , keep-on keeping-on, Max,

Kind Regards,

Michael Thornberry.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Air freshner! i guess your sense of smell ain't that good then mate or is it eau de Max? guaranteed to clear a room in seconds well every five minutes at least.

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
All helpful advice, men.  :thumbs

Start one by all means, Derbs - or have you had the same experience?  :shock:

Posted
Rating:
I started reading this thread and was getting ready to pack bell, book and candles when …

Air freshener??!!:roll::roll::roll:

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I was getting ready to call you, Tim.  :mutley

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
phew saves me telling mine then ????

:pedal:roll::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Yes Tim the Padre can pack the emergency exorcism kit MkI away again, false alarm back to the layout.

Regards
Pete.

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.