Tutorial Blocks and Stop Markers

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
I guess I asked the question the wrong way, Pete.  Where does the power for the LEDs come from?  :Red Card   From where does the power for the LEDs come?  :mutley
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
The LDT board here is the link for Lenz boards from LDT several boards you can supply via a small trani or i am sure from the track bus if you have enough power.

http://www.ldt-infocenter.com/english/products_lenz-digital-plus_e.htm

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
[user=269]MaxSouthOz[/user] wrote:
I guess I asked the question the wrong way, Pete.  Where does the power for the LEDs come from?  :Red Card   From where does the power for the LEDs come?  :mutley
Just more accessory decoders, Max. But not as complicated as driving point motors!!

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Pete.  Would TCS  FL4 do the job?

Posted
Rating:
Absolutely it would, Max. I have used something similar from Digitrax with my Theatre signal trials.

Posted
Rating:
You got there Max i never condsidered a function decoder, its more a case of whether TC can control a function decoder automatically at the correct moment John Russell will know if TCS have controlled Signals.

Regards
Pete.

ECOS2 with RR&Co Traincontroller and a load of other electronics so i can sit back and watch the trains go by.

Posted
Rating:
I have just been trawling through the RR&Co help file, and I don't think there is actually a way to get TC to use anything other than an accessory decoder for signals. The 4 function only decoder requires a loco address, but TC only understands an accessory address for signals.

Posted
Rating:
That was quick Geoff, the LDT board can do four signals so i guess there isn.t a cost benefit for going for the TCS even if TC could do it.

Regards
Pete.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I'm just trying to catch up after spending a couple of hours replacing one of my servo drivers with an ESU switchpilot (servo).  £25 to drive four servos, and the servos cost less than £3 each.  I'm using it for points, but it would be ideal for driving semaphores, I picked up the idea at the show on Sunday from an exhibitor who was doing just that. His semaphores moved at a realistic speed, but he was complaining (tongue in cheek) that he was stuck with the same speed in both directions and he couldn't make them bounce!  When I look at the "instructions" for the LDT drivers I think semaphores would be easier than that.

Colour light signal drivers are not rocket sience, the one I use is no more than an electronic version of a rotary switch, cheap (about 80p) and easy to build. It does need a steady output decoder. If anyone is interested I will let you have the circuit and you could build your own. 

With the new tutorial section for signalling I don't see any point in starting another topic, let's use that.

One thing I think we should avoid at all costs is getting hung up on signalling principles. We will need a bit of common background but there are plenty of other places to help decide on where to put signals.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks Geoff.  I guess an accessory address is the same as a loco address.  It's just the functionality which is less.  On the LH 100 I call up my caboose address and change from forward to reverse and the lights follow the throttle switch.  I think there is a stationary decoder which does the same thing as well.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I guess an accessory address is the same as a loco address.
Hi Max,

I am a dummy at DCC but my understanding is that it uses a different code for accessories to keep them separate from loco decoders. One type will not recognise the other. That is how you can have a loco address of 003 and an accessory address of 3 without them both responding. I don't know anything about stationary decoders.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.