we have this item on our forum already,it is by mr Doug Dickinson a member
here
congrats Doug it looks good in print.

:doublethumb:cheers:Happy:Happy:cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thanks, Owen, you saw it here first!

I didn't know it was going to be published until another member told me last week, funny world, publishing!

Doug

Last edit: by Chubber

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I knew i recalled this article about low relief buildings but could not place it, now i know, well done DD. Famous at last :cheers

I have got me card and now i have my pics and when i am on day off i am giving it a go. Cheers :thumbs

Phill

Posted
Rating:
Another member published. Well done Doug.

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
:Happy:Happy:Happy Doug :Happy:Happy:Happy
:cheers
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
 Well done Doug. That article will open a few eyes 

Mike
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
If members want to refresh their memory or haven't read the article it's here, out of the Index :

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=3290&forum_id=14

Posted
Rating:
Hi, Bob, Thanks for that, unless they have printed the same article again, it may be another different 'micro-low-relief' model….

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member
It matters not Doug as presumably the same methods have been used and there must be other members who have no chance of getting the mag itself and this article needs to be read as widely as possible anyway.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
i did see it in my mag and had a smile, even mentioned it to SWMBO and got the normal glazed AM I BOTHERED LOOK i normaly get when i mention modelling. big thumbs up from me:thumbs
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Thank you , :oops::oops::oops:

A better composed/focused picture, then.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
that`s the one in the mag Doug.

:doublethumb:lol::lol::cool:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I was eagerly awaiting my copy but, if it's already been published on here, I can go back to my nest !!!

Well done Doug - more comments when the offending article drops into my post-box !! :cheers:cheers:cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
I thought it very clever and convincing indeed. A great way to marry new tech (komputers) with old (card and glue). This pushing the boundaries stuff!:cheers
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Les
Inactive Member
My mag normally arrives in the mail about a month after publication date so I have a couple more weeks to wait yet and will be keener than ever to see it this time. Superb stuff Doug.:doublethumb

Les

Devon Junction
Kernow Junction

Posted
Rating:
Mine will be in a pile, with all the other mail when I get home in August. I actually brought 4 copies of Hornby mag with me here. I read them and look at the pictures on a regular basis. It really is a good magazine, with something for everyone. I congratulate all the contributers. Apart from the article by Doug, which I look forward to reading, of course there is also the stunning photography by Chris Nevard, which I could never get bored with.

Bob(K)

Posted
Rating:
I find the Hornby mag best for me, the others i find a bit advance for me. What i mean is the article's on how to do things is not really explained in full and so i find it hard to work out. Maybe in a few years i will but for now i find the Hornby mag best for me. As for Doug's cotribution i have all the gear and when i csn i shall give this ago. Well done Doug.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
I currently subscribe to Hornby and Railway Modeller.  When the latter runs out, I won't renew it.

I find Hornby a much more readable mag with articles slightly less designed for "rivet counters". I found the first copy I bought like a breath of fresh air and subscribed almost immediately.

Both are horrendously expensive regarding overseas delivery (nearly £60 each p.a.) but RM has got a bit predictable and boring,  to say nothing of around 5 pages of adverts for every page of editorial !!  I know advertising is the life-blood of these magazines - and often of the advertisers themselves, but (IMHO) they've got to get the balance right and RM hasn't.

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Just to add i have all back copys as far as 2007, sad aint it, but if anyone wants a back copy i am happy to send it to them.

Phill

Posted
Rating:
[user=9]phill[/user] wrote:
Just to add i have all back copys as far as 2007, sad aint it, but if anyone wants a back copy i am happy to send it to them.

Phill
Not sad at all Phill.  When I was packing for the move to France in 2001, I found loads of old copies of RM going back to heaven knows when.  I boxed them up and brought them with me !!!

8 years later, they are still in the boxes they came in.  Not sure of the years but there must be something useful in those boxes !!  Anyone want to know how to run a model railways from Leclanche Cells ?

'Petermac
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.