An engine shed for a friend

Posted
Rating:
Friday morning was spent sewing the curtains for the layout and once they were complete we loaded the layout and all the gear and headed off to the show venue. The show was rather good and there were some reasonable layouts and a couple of standout layouts. The response to Bill's layout was very positive and it was good to see him answering the seemingly endless amount of questions and running trains. The photos below show the final presentation which I feel was rather good. Over the next couple of months Bill will be adding details and putting some character into the layout in readiness for his next show.

Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Looks Brilliant Robyn. Well done.

I'm old, that's why I'm allowed to change my mind, when I can find it.

My Website: index

Posted
Rating:
Outstanding modelling, the scenic detail looks brilliant. Thanks for sharing it with us Robyn!

Always try to look on the bright side of life!

Barney

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
A great thread Robyn it sums up what our hobby is about 'creativity, companionship , concentration, c…? …? … vino tinto?

Ian
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Nice one Robyn, Bill looks well pleased with the layout, will you keep us in the loop with how it progresses?

Cheers, Pete.

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!

Posted
Rating:
A great thread Robyn it sums up what our hobby is about 'creativity, companionship , concentration, c…? …? … vino tinto?

Ian

Thanks Ian, you are right when you say this is what the hobby is all about, being able to help others to enjoy the hobby by sharing skills and ideas is a major part of what makes this hobby and those who post on this forum so wonderful.

Nice one Robyn, Bill looks well pleased with the layout, will you keep us in the loop with how it progresses?

Cheers, Pete.

Bill was incredibly proud of 'Billandco' and I gained so much joy watching him talk about the layout with patrons of the show and passing on ideas about building a small layout. It saddens me that Bill struggles with some things these days especially as he has numerous awards for his modelling in past competitions. Age and a nasty fall have made life a bit of a challenge but I am sure this layout and the lure of future shows will spark renewed interest and get him mobile again. I am more than happy to post photos of the layouts progress in the future.

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
His body may be giving him grief Robyn but his knowledge is something to be treasured. By helping him to get the layout built and get him back into exhibiting you have helped him to share that knowledge. Well done

P's. I think the smile on his face says it all:doublethumb
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.