Fitting Kadee's to Hornby lighted Pullmans.

Posted
Rating:
Keith.

The only other thing that one can do is if you have relations in the States is get the items sent to them. They can then send them on to you as a birthday present thus avoiding the Customs duties.

Tony.

"The only stupid question is the one you don't ask"
Regards.
Tony.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
[user=710]amdaley[/user] wrote:
Keith.

The only other thing that one can do is if you have relations in the States is get the items sent to them. They can then send them on to you as a birthday present thus avoiding the Customs duties.

Tony.
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::Red Card

It's much easier (and cheaper) to buy the things in UK than to have relations with someone in the USA - think of the air fares ……….:mutley:mutley:mutley

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Hi Keith,
Swings and roundabouts then. As I said, anything that's difficult to get in the UK let me know, as a major show is coming up with lots of traders. Pity I've done the annual trip to the UK, I'll let everybody know if I do another unscheduled one this year. Warley is tempting, haven't been for a few years. Depends on the air fare. Anything to reduce a Montreal winter.
Nigel

©Nigel C. Phillips

Posted
Rating:
Unfortunately I have few relations left, and all are in the UK, so that's an option I don't have. I imagine that those resident in other countries may have similar problems importing UK manufacturers items to their countries, although obviously it seems the Australian governments attitude to import taxes is much more 'railway modeller' friendly than the UK governments,- no 20% VAT either! On the plus side, just managed to grab 5 packs of Kadee 242's on the 'Bay at £1.99 a pack (usually £2.50 at best!).
                                 Keith.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.