Warley 2015

Posted
Rating:
#193834 (In Topic #10786)
Site staff
spurno is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’

YMRC meet.

Following a comment by Pete (Jakesdad13) in Tom's Rosebuddy thread regarding a social meet i was wondering how members feel about a YMRC club meet at Warley.It's on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th of November.It would give a great many of us a chance to put faces to names.Anyone interested?.

Regards

Alan

Born beside the mighty GWR.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
That sounds a great idea, I'll put it on the calender! :)

Ron

Proper Preparation makes for Perfect Performance!!

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=13331&forum_id=21

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Thanks, Alan - but I'm having my hair done that week.  :roll:

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
That won't take long then Max.:mutley

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
I'm with Max - but mine's just a polish ………….:thumbs

Don't forget to take your cameras along. :roll:

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Ed
Site staff
Ed is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Too far for me to pedal me bike, besides if I go north of Watford I come out in spots :mutley

Nice idea though :thumbs

Ed

Posted
Rating:
If the lottery pays out ……..

….. otherwise I'll leave it to the "home crowd" to enjoy and sincerely hope that you do.  It's big, it's busy but it's a focal point for the hobby and a very good way to get together for those who might otherwise never do so.

My experiences at Warley haven't always been very wonderful.  The argy-bargy, swinging backpacks and bad manners have become something of a legend.  The absence of personal hygiene likewise.

It's a great "do" and a credit to our hobby but there are always a few (and it is a few) antisocial oiks who seem to think they have some right to be first / at the front / unwashed and who think nothing of brutally pushing some others around.  I stress they are a minority though I've had a couple of unpleasant moments.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

I personally may be up for that too as there is no boys holiday this year in September. ……….. I'm taking SWMBO instead. She has mentioned the absence of a boys holiday with some sympathetic undertones so I think I could swing it. It would certainly be cheaper…… well maybe……. depending on the shinies.

Drive down…… book a hotel for the night on the Friday night for early rise on the Saturday …….. Go to show on the Saturday, stay at hotel until Sunday am and then back up the road. Could be a goer.
I'll have a think about that if that's ok.

cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
The reason i suggested Warley is that it covers all scales whereas when i went to TINGS it only covers N gauge plus it's roughly in the middle of the country.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Sounds like an excellent plan to me, count me in!! If I can get my brother in law interested- it gives him plenty of notice,he races radio controlled model cars some weekends, as well as railway modelling,- I will get him to come as well, you can gang up on him and get him join YMRC as well. :lol: :lol::lol:
Pete. 

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!

Posted
Rating:
oh I wish, I wish I could come!

- Darius

Posted
Rating:

Ed I live in Derbyshire, I visited Edinburgh a few years ago touring on my motorbike ( bmw r60\6 1976) and was pulled over by the police ( caught me bang to rights copper ) and was accused of being a bl$£dy southerner!! how very dare he the swine!
Pete. :shock::shock:

it was already on fire when I got here, honest!

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
,sounds good to me. If Toms driving down I'll try and join him and share the petrol. Might even be better to fly down and back..book early and get cheap flights etc

Cheers

Matt
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Matt,

ok with me. Are you up for the overnighters as well. down on friday late on, back on Sunday, or how would you want to do it.

cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Matt,

Flights, albeit based on October as fly be flights for November are not out yet, as an indicator, flying down the Friday late afternoon and returning Sunday midday work out at £74.00 return per person.

It's the only one I've tried and could probably be bettered but it's an indication.

Dunno what a hotel would cost for the Friday and Saturday night. Either that or down the Friday night and back on the Saturday night later on…… Or take the car. I'm easy but if I drive then it would be back up the Sunday morning I think.

Whatever

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Darius,

A bit far but if I do get there, I'll make sure there are plenty photo's to post as I'm sure the others will as well.

I'm sure there will be some shows in your area. You could be our Canadian reporter ;-)

Cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi Alan              Is that Warley West Midlands, or Essex. And how can I find my way there??          Kevin

Staying on the thread Kevin.

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
West Midlands Kevin, at the NEC.Directions?,just get a route planner up on your computer,the AA for example and plot your route.Google the postcode for the NEC.I can't see a webpage for the show yet but that will probably have all the information on it as well when it appears.

Regards

Alan

Posted
Rating:
Or take the train to Birmingham International which can sometimes be cheaper than driving and parking.

Rick
Layouts here and here

Posted
Rating:
Site staff
The Warley website is online.Google Warley 2015.

Regards

Alan

1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.