Viaduct

Posted
Rating:
Legacy Member

Brick Built 8 Arch Viaduct

nice work,as for drainpipes most viaducts had drain holes inside the arches the water just ran down the wall
:thumbs;-):cool:

my webcam link 6.19.184.67:8080
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Excellent Build Andy.

One hell of a size. your efforts have certainly been worth it.

cheers

Quick query, your shed does not look lined on the inside in any way. how has this coped over the cold periods ? any effect on track or building structures etc.

cheers

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Deffo deserves one of these……

Doug [and Bisto]

'You may share the labours of the great, but you will not share the spoil…'  Aesop's Fables

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

In the land of the slap-dash and implausible, mediocrity is king

Posted
Rating:
That's a very impressive structure Andy. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Others have said so but I know how much work is involved in these things but, by the appearance, you haven't rushed one bit towards the end.  At the risk of sounding like an echo, I too rather like the differing colours on the brickwork.

You placing it on the lift up flap has given me an idea for Maxmill - many thanks. :cheers

'Petermac

Posted
Rating:
Thanks for the elephant and the bisto, not sure its really deserved, it's just a series of shapes joined together.

Toto, I insulated my last shed and I had loads of problems with damp, I had this one erected by the company we got it from in Birmingham that we got it from on a bespoke concrete base, it's thick timber with proper floor boards that I have covered in carpet tiles.

it has a 150 watt tube heater on the back wall and that has kept the frost and damp out.

answering from my phone, so if you want more info let me know and I will get back to you.

old insulated shed was a nightmare.

Last edit: by Campaman

Cheers

Andy

Posted
Rating:
The scalescenes kits once constructed look realistic, and you have made a great job with this.
What are the base peirs originally intended for?

Posted
Rating:
The only part taken from one of the scalescenes kits is the arch overlay from the low releif arches kit, the rest is just made up as I went along using some scalescenes texture sheets and some of my own.

I ended up with a load of cut outs from the arches and thought there must be something I can do with them rather than throw them away, below is the result….

Cheers

Andy

Posted
Rating:
Inactive Member
Good one, Andy.  :thumbs

Posted
Rating:
Brilliant! :thumbs

Terry

Posted
Rating:
Sol
Site staff
Sol is in the usergroup ‘Super-moderators’
Very good indeed .

Ron
NCE DCC ; 00 scale UK outline.

Posted
Rating:
Very clever and neatly done. Bravo.
Marty

Marty
N Gauge, GWR West Wales
Newcastle Emlyn Layout.
Newcastle Emlyn Station is "Under construction"

Posted
Rating:
Guest user
Hi Andy,

Another great build with the Nissan hut.

I've found the  cause of the dampness with the shed and it's been resolved ( I think ). A new floor has also been built and is a huge improvement on the original. Fingers crossed. Apologies for stealing your thread.

Keep up the excellent work.

Toto
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Hi All      There is an interesting? set up in Peckham, between Peckham Rye and Queens Road Peckham or Nunhead. The Nunhead line crosses a Viaduct over the Queens Road Peckham line as the both cross the Roadway beneath. This is what I aim to include on my baseboard,(eventually,should I live so long?)       Passed Driver

Staying on the thread Kevin.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.