|Video Archive||Recent Topics|
|Moderated by: Spurno||Topic closed|
| Copyright Petermac.
Stamford Bridge Viaduct.
The viaduct over the River Derwent at Stamford Bridge on the old York to Hull line.
Built in 1847, the line was one of the Beeching casualties and closed in 1966.
The arches on the station side of the river flood plain:
The iron bridgework:
Details of the mounting on the piers:
|Recent Topics||Back to top of page|
Powered by Copyright © 2007-2011 by Jim Hale and Data 1 Systems. Page design copyright © 2008-2013 Martin Wynne. Photo gallery copyright © 2009 David Williams.