Video Archive         Recent Topics      
YMR logo

You are here:  Your Model Railway Club > The Prototype Photograph Archive. > Buildings. > Commercial Buildings. > Cardiff docks To bottom of page
                 

 Moderated by: Spurno
Start New Topic Reply Printer Friendly

Cardiff docks - Commercial Buildings. - The Prototype Photograph Archive. - Your Model Railway Club
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jun 1st, 2013 09:48 am
PMQuoteReply
link to this 1st post
mynnyddog
Full Member
 

Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2013
Location: Llanbrynmair, United Kingdom
Posts: 376
Status: 
Offline

My photos:
view photos in Gallery
view photos as slides

It's hard to believe now the vast tonnages of coal that were exported through Cardiff docks, especially prior to WW1

© David Meaden




The only apparently original building to survive in Bute East Dock.



Derelict warehouses within the currently active dock complex.




Abandoned basins around the Roath dock area.










Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Jun 3rd, 2013 09:41 am
PMQuoteReply
link to this 2nd post
allan downes
Deceased Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 28th, 2013
Location: Immingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 2025
Status: 
Offline

My photos:
view photos in Gallery
view photos as slides

And to think we get fined for leaving our litter behind...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Jun 3rd, 2013 05:12 pm
PMQuoteReply
link to this 3rd post
Petermac
Moderator


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Nr Bergerac, France
Posts: 16848
Status: 
Offline

My photos:
view photos in Gallery
view photos as slides

Sad to see those neglected lock gates when you think what it must have been like 50 or so years ago ...........:roll::roll::cry:

Some of the best "steam coal" in the world passed through them. ;-)



____________________
'Petermac
Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Jun 3rd, 2013 07:00 pm
PMQuoteReply
link to this 4th post
allan downes
Deceased Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 28th, 2013
Location: Immingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 2025
Status: 
Offline

My photos:
view photos in Gallery
view photos as slides

Petermac wrote: Sad to see those neglected lock gates when you think what it must have been like 50 or so years ago ...........:roll::roll::cry:

Some of the best "steam coal" in the world passed through them. ;-)

And now just junk and litter, what ever happened to the 'Great' in Britain, did that get washed out to sea also ?

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Mon Jun 3rd, 2013 09:22 pm
PMQuoteReply
link to this 5th post
Petermac
Moderator


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Nr Bergerac, France
Posts: 16848
Status: 
Offline

My photos:
view photos in Gallery
view photos as slides

allan downes wrote: Petermac wrote: Sad to see those neglected lock gates when you think what it must have been like 50 or so years ago ...........:roll::roll::cry:

Some of the best "steam coal" in the world passed through them. ;-)

And now just junk and litter, what ever happened to the 'Great' in Britain, did that get washed out to sea also ?

I often wonder that myself Allan.  Whilst they say it's faulty memory, I'm sure we had more pride in ourselves and our country in those days - but maybe it's just the colour of my glasses ................:roll::roll::roll:



____________________
'Petermac
Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Jun 4th, 2013 09:44 am
PMQuoteReply
link to this 6th post
allan downes
Deceased Member
 

Joined: Thu Feb 28th, 2013
Location: Immingham, United Kingdom
Posts: 2025
Status: 
Offline

My photos:
view photos in Gallery
view photos as slides

Petermac wrote: allan downes wrote: Petermac wrote: Sad to see those neglected lock gates when you think what it must have been like 50 or so years ago ...........:roll::roll::cry:

Some of the best "steam coal" in the world passed through them. ;-)

And now just junk and litter, what ever happened to the 'Great' in Britain, did that get washed out to sea also ?

I often wonder that myself Allan.  Whilst they say it's faulty memory, I'm sure we had more pride in ourselves and our country in those days - but maybe it's just the colour of my glasses ................:roll::roll::roll:

Well Peter, in those days it WAS our country, now it's anybody's...

Back To Top PMQuoteReply

 Posted: Tue Jun 4th, 2013 10:40 am
PMQuoteReply
link to this 7th post
Petermac
Moderator


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Nr Bergerac, France
Posts: 16848
Status: 
Offline

My photos:
view photos in Gallery
view photos as slides

:mutley:mutley:mutley

:thumbs



____________________
'Petermac
Back To Top PMQuoteReply

This is topic ID = 11254     Current time is 03:27 am  
You are here:  Your Model Railway Club > The Prototype Photograph Archive. > Buildings. > Commercial Buildings. > Cardiff docks
You can type a quick reply to this topic here. Click in the box below to begin.

Or to reply to an individual post, or to include images, attachments and formatted text,
click the Quote or Reply buttons on each post above.

To start a new topic in this forum, click the Start New Topic button below.
To start a new topic in a different forum, click the Forum Jump drop-down list below.
Start New Topic


Back to top of page

           
15 Most Recent Topics

Problems with this web site? Please contact the Webmaster.

All material submitted to this web site is the responsibility of the respective contributor. By submitting material to this web site you acknowledge that you accept full responsibility for the material submitted.
Unless stated otherwise, all the material displayed on this web site, including all text, photographs, drawings and other images, is copyright and the property of the respective contributor. Registered members are welcome to use it for their own personal non-commercial modelmaking purposes. It must not be reproduced or re-published elsewhere in any form, or used commercially, without first obtaining the owner's express permission.
The owner of this web site may edit, modify or remove any content at any time without giving notice or reason.    © 2008

                 

Recent Topics Back to top of page

Powered by UltraBB 1.15 Copyright © 2007-2011 by Jim Hale and Data 1 Systems. Page design copyright © 2008-2013 Martin Wynne. Photo gallery copyright © 2009 David Williams.